• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dkallan

dkallan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

Enable an optional "advanced mode" to manage the video server library and underlying file system from the mobile UI: create subfolders, move videos individually or in bulk from folder to folder, rename files/folders, delete files/folders, etc.

#2 jimbrechts

jimbrechts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

Wow, i think you are seeking a functionality that is not fit for Air Video HD.

This functionality should be found in another app.

Why?

-AirVideo works on may platforms (Mac, Windows..)

Copy, paste, append, delete, ... is different on these systems.

-the possibility of problems is huge

*You don't have the rights to move this file

*The file is in use

*copy or replace

*etc..

Maybe you should try "FileBrowser".

I think it's more suited for these functions.

#3 macman104

macman104

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

I would assume that this type of feature would only be permitted by a certain option for file editing, much like folder access is currently allowed for multi-user accounts on AVHD.  That would prevent the issue of rights to move the file (because, the computer running the server has to at least have access to the files, sure it might not have move/write access), but again this is an "advanced" edit option.

Also, FileBrowser says it only shows files that iDevices can play naturally (that would exclude things like MKV files and many other types that AVHD supports).

#4 mgldan

mgldan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:55 AM

I'd love the ability to move and sort my videos on the remote server, but at the least I'd like an ability to delete videos on the remote server. I use Air Video to sift through downloaded video on my iPad, and as I figure out what I don't want to keep, it makes sense to delete it straight from Air Video. Right now I use a remote desktop client to delete files off the server.

#5 dkallan

dkallan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:12 PM

Bumping to keep this alive. I still would love this capability (especially move, rename and delete). I respectfully disagree with jimbrechts' post above: I see no need for append, but move/copy/delete/rename are easily supported cross-platform using basic POSIX functions or other libraries (AVS already reads directories and files, doesn't it?), and if a file is locked or there are insufficient permissions to perform a specific operation, then the Air Video server can easily disable an operation or pass a "file busy" message to the client. Still hoping!

#6 dkallan

dkallan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:54 PM

Still hoping and praying for this feature.  Having to manage the files separately on the server is difficult.  The ability to rename, move and delete would be transformative when accessing media on the go.  Again, this should be an "advanced mode" option only for users that want it.  AVS would obviously respect file system permissions, so directories and files could be locked as needed.  Would also love the ability to apply Finder Tags when on Mac.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users