• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -JD-

-JD-

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:46 AM

Would be great to see a repeat play or loop function added.

I often use air video with airplay to watch video on an Apple TV. As I have a plasma TV burn in is a concern for me and a loop function would stop me having to worry about falling asleep during a movie or video and waking up with a burnt screen. 

#2 RodgerW

RodgerW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:11 AM

Perhaps a slightly more useful feature request along these lines: Have a built-in screen-saver option.  This way, a tiny looped 'screensaver' [AVHD logo perhaps, or even just the time swooping around the screen].  In prefs could set this to a determined time.  So, play a movie and if the pref is set to display screensaver after playback at 5mins, 5 mins after the video plays, the screensaver will kick in if no other action is performed to the server.

On iPods/Pads/Phones this would probably never have to 'kick in', but in the case of airplay to televisions without built-in screensavers, it could be very handy.

iMac 27-inch (Late 2013) • OS X 10.11.3 (15D21) • Air Video Server HD (2.2.1u1) • Air Video HD (2.1.4)

#3 mcb

mcb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:36 AM

I think this would be a great feature (the option to loop and the screensaver, though apple tv does pop in a SS). I would like to use AVHD for a slideshow during a birthday party, and finding a way to have the slideshow repeat would be great.

#4 tdoane78

tdoane78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:36 PM

AppleTV has a built in screen saver - perhaps use it via the settings?

#5 mcb

mcb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

My slideshow is actually a video slideshow, so no dice. It also mean I'd have to use iCloud or Flickr to host the images, no support for local folders or other web services unfortunately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users