• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mherm88

mherm88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

Can we get the Offline Conversion Button added back in like it was in the old Air Video? I only use the app to convert files for my server and it would be nice to be able to convert them in 1080p

Thanks

#2 macman104

macman104

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

If you tap and hold the download button, you will get the option to convert without downloading.

Note all files are stored now in the conversion folder rather than the current folder of the file.

#3 mherm88

mherm88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

Very good thank you, what about a way to convert using the original resolution? I like to convert all of my videos directly to iTunes compatible, I often have files in MKV I want converted to m4v or mp4

#4 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:39 AM

Hi,

what codecs do your files contain? If you tap on "Settings" you can see if the video needs to be converted or can be kept. During conversion most H.264 and MPEG4 streams can be kept (although videos with MPEG 4 video stream might only play on device, as Apple desktop decoder can't handle advanced simple profile).

#5 mherm88

mherm88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

I worked it out, anything over 720p I just need to convert on my iPad instead of iPhone and it keeps the higher resolution... That works for me until I start using 4K haha

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Conversion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users