5 replies to this topic

#1 Ricoelliott

Ricoelliott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

Hi Guys,

been using air video server for a while and up till now ive had no problems what so ever, absolutely seamless.

I noticed the other day that is didnt load a mp4 file but didnt have time to try another one and just thought it was a low signal issue, by the way im on wifi. Today i woke up and tried a few didfferent files and file types and just keep getting the same message 'Playback failed for *****.mp4 Couldnt load item for playback'.

Im stumped, nothing has changed, like a say the service is usually so seamless that i need never dick arund with it, it just works.

Ive attached a log file

please let me know if you can help.

Cheers

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

Hi,

if you go to the file Settings, does it say (direct) next to keeping for playback?

#3 Ricoelliott

Ricoelliott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:11 PM

Hi admin

Yes. Also when I go to the file settings I can see the word 'direct' after keeping for download. It is also there are on the audio settings.

Cheers

#4 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:57 PM

Well, that's interesting. Direct playback basically means that there is no transcoding done at all, the file is simply transferred through HTTP. So for some reason the iOS AVPlayer refuses to load the file. Have you tried restarting the device?

#5 Ricoelliott

Ricoelliott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:54 PM

Here's what I've tried so far
-Restarted ipad
-Uninstalled airvideo hd app
-Uninstalled airvideo hd server
-Uninstalled older airvideo app
-Uninstalled order airvideo server
- Reinstalled all apps and servers
- setup specific airvideo port forwarding

Settings suggestion connection is fine.

I've also been using Emit over the last couple of months with my android devices. I've also tried using the emit iOS app to stream my files but no success. The emit app works fine on the android device.

Could this be causing a conflict somewhere? I've tried closing all server but the airvideo still nothing.

#6 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:02 AM

I don't suppose the device is jailbroken? If the problem persists if you change Force conversion to YES in Settings then there is something really wrong with the iOS Media Player on the device. Given that restart and uninstalling the apps didn't help the only thing to try next that I can think of is to restore the device.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: error, playback, wifi, failed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users