• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bhummel99

bhummel99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:43 PM

The original recommendations to fix the missing CODECS problems don't work.

I am running latest AirVideo HD 64-bit on Windows 7.  I am running VLC 2.1 64-bit.  And I tried installing  ffdshow.  Neither one had the H.265 Codec.

I can go out and find more codecs.  My only question is what folder do I put them into?

• chrystalpq69 and MichaelBaino like this

#2 bhummel99

bhummel99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:55 PM

On a fresh copy of Windows 7 Pro, and a fresh copy of latest Air Video Server Beta 64-bit, with a fresh installation of VLC 2.1 64-bit, Air Video HD cannot play X.265 files

That's because VLC 2.1 64-bit cannot play X.265 files either.   Here is the message I keep getting from VLC 2.1 64-bit.

No suitable decoder module:

VLC does not support the audio or video format "undf". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this.

Is there a fix?  Or do we just not use Air Video HD 64-bit to play H.265 files?

#3 bhummel99

bhummel99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:41 PM

Well, since there have been no answers to my questions, I will let you know what I have found out.

1) To my knowledge there's no way to migrate settings from one server to another.

2) I have a Windows Server and a Mac Server.  If you have a choice, definitly use the Mac Server!!!!   It can serve up anything including H.265 while the Windows version has all sorts of problems with H.265 and some H.264 files.  I find myself occasionally having to hit FORCE CONVERSION on my iPad Pro when looking at movies served up by the 64-bit Windows version.  I have no problems viewing the exact same files if they are on the Mac server.

Hope this helps with your server decision.

#4 abat119

abat119

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:17 PM

I also have an issue with E-AC3 - Air Video HD says I don't have the proper codec and that it could easily be resovled. This is a bit strange since I use LAV filters and up until now everything was working great. Why should E-AC3 be any different than AC3 when transcoding the audio. I have a Windows 7 PC and Windows Media Player plays the file just fine (I see in the LAV audio splitter that it is transcoding it to stereo).

And yes, I have tried with VLC already with no luck - I prefer using the LAV filters.

Any help would be greatly appreciated : - )

#5 RMcV

RMcV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:10 PM

Hi Guys,

Have you tried with the latest VLC release 2.2.6? It could be that your version is before the implementation of x265. It could be the same for E-AC3 as well.

RMcV

#6 abat119

abat119

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:06 AM

UPDATE: Just tried the new Airflow app and everything works great! (even E-AC3 downmixing).

Two questions to the develepors if I may:

1) When will these features be brought over to AirVideo HD (maybe version 3.0)? (I use my iPad as well as my AppleTV so AirVideo HD is my preferred way of viewing content).

2) It doesn't seem that Airflow is using my Directshow filters to transcode the audio... do you have an internal transcoder in place instead? (everything works great - just wanted to know).

Thanks in advance for all the great work you guys are doing - it truely is the best local streaming app around : - )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users