5 replies to this topic

#1 newdeepdan

newdeepdan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:47 PM

Ever since the tvOS 10.2 update the scrolling within Air Video doesn't work correctly. I've had to restart the Apple TV to make the app actually scroll through items. Otherwise it looks like the scrolling is just stuck. I hear the sounds as I try to scroll, but it will not show up on-screen. I hope this issue will be addressed soon.

Love Honor Truth

#2 newdeepdan

newdeepdan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:22 AM

Will this issue be addressed soon? There is definitely something not working with the scrolling. I need to restart the Apple TV every time just to get it to function correctly. The error shows up when after watching a show, I'll put the Apple TV to sleep, then when I turn it back on again, Air Video HD will not scroll through the folders, the screen just stays static even though you can hear the scrolling sound.

Love Honor Truth

#3 breather

breather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:40 AM

Similar problem here. But I restart the App itself, not Apple TV to fix it.

Stuck scrolling and that some subtitles can´t be disabled (not the burnt in ones) it are two major faults with this app for me.

I am starting to look at other apps, but I´m not switching just yet...

#4 music_maker

music_maker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:19 PM

After so many years of AV - I had to switch to Plex for the AppleTV 4. Me and all my users are much happier.

I resisted as long as I could. AV has been part of my family for years. But it felt behind.

#5 breather

breather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:58 PM

After so many years of AV - I had to switch to Plex for the AppleTV 4. Me and all my users are much happier.

I resisted as long as I could. AV has been part of my family for years. But it felt behind.

Yeah, I´m starting to look at other apps. I´m not quite ready to call it quits just yet, but maybe soon. 

Feels like the development of the app is lacking.

#6 music_maker

music_maker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:20 PM

I still run AVHD along with Plex. Ask my users use Plex now, But I figure if Plex goes down, AVHD is there for emergency. And if AVHD is every updated, it would come through and I would know about it. I've used AV and then AVHD for gosh, 6, 7 maybe 8 years. Can't remember. Long time though. I'm guessing the developer, AVHD is more a hobby for them - but it has been an amazing piece of software over the years and I thanks them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users