• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Svend Dellepude

Svend Dellepude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:24 PM

First off, thank you for this really, really great app. I have used Air Video and now Air Video HD for years and its awesome. (Hope you will work on the cover art / metadata requests within too long, though!)

I have recently replaced my old Apple TV 3rd gen with a new 4th gen version. However, with this change, the appearance of the subtitles have changed! They used to show without any background, but now there is a half transparent background around the subtitles.

I always use external subtitles (srt files) and always try to avoid transcoding of the Video, and my subtitles are not burnt-in. I have not changed anything on my iPad/iPhone - only the Apple TV has been replaced.

I have been looking in the Apple TV settings (and in the iPad/iPhone and Air Video HD settings) to see if I could find an option somewhere to change the opacity or transparency of the subtitle background, but no luck.

Also, I am looking for a way to change the subtitle font size (again, without transcoding the video / burning in the subtitles).

Any help on these two issues would be highly appreciated.

EDIT: Solved it! I played around some more and discovered that in the Apple TV settings (under Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Style) the font size, opacity etc. can be changed just like Imwant it! I had been looking under Settings -> Audio and Video -> Subtitles instead. I must have done the same ages ago on my old Apple TV 3rd gen and just forgotten about it... Sorry for the confusion. @admin: Still hoping to hear from you re. the cover art / metadata work :-)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Subtitles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users