• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BkkGreg

BkkGreg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 02:12 PM

Hi, I use an iPhone 6s to send content from my 2014 iMac to my 3rd gen Apple TV. It's worked flawlessly since I started using it, but now whenever I stop watching content, switch to new content, or adjust subs, volume, encoding, etc. it says 'cannot connect to... blah blah'. I have to restart the server on my Mac every single time which, as you can imagine, is a bit of a deal breaker. 

Anyone else having this issue?

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2573 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:38 AM

Which server version do you have installed?

#3 simcy

simcy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:12 PM

I am having the same problem as described above, not only with your iPhone and iPad apps but also with your Apple TV app.

Up until a month or two ago everything worked flawlessly. 

Now I almost always have to quit Air Video Server HD (I am using Version 2.2.1u1) and restart it in order for my apps to connect with the server.

And even when it does work (which is not often) it takes an agonizingly long time to load my video folders from the server.

I am not sure why this is happening but it is really irritating, especially considering I've paid for all your apps through the app store.

I hope that you might have some suggestions to help resolve this issue for myself as well as the other poster and anyone else who is having the same problem.

#4 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2573 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:51 PM

Before anything, can you try latest server beta?

http://forums.inmeth...beta2-released/

#5 BkkGreg

BkkGreg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 11:16 AM

Still no dice, upgraded to the latest everything (except my phone and Apple TV) but I still have to restart the server whenever I want to use it. I also have problems with the app detecting the server - most of the time it works okay, but every once in a while I need to manually enter the IP.

Very strange. FWIW, when the server isn't working, I use Beamer, which works great, although just not from my phone.

#6 BkkGreg

BkkGreg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:10 PM

A (non)update, for what it's worth - nothing's changed, still have to restart every time I open the app, and sometimes halfway through a show. What happened?? I've moved on to other, better services, but it's a shame that something that worked so well for so long just totally died.

#7 superbeta

superbeta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, CA

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:36 PM

I've been experiencing the same issues as simcy. It was working great for many months, than in the past month it's started to act up. Typically I need to restart the Air Video server daily, and when I try to load videos on my AppleTV they take about 2 minutes to load before they start playing. Once they start playing it seems to be fine. Oddly, if I use my iPhone or iPad, they play without issue.

One thing I've noted in my configuration, it's a wireless PC that is running the Air Video server that regularly needs restarts and slowly loads the videos for my AppleTV. If I run the Air Video server on a PCI that is wired into my router I don't experience any of the issues I've listed. FYI, my Apple TV is also wireless. Tried many restarts of my AppleTV with no resolution.

So it looks like this:

Air Video Server --> Wi-Fi --> Router --> Wi-Fi --> Apple TV = Problems

Air Video Server --> Wi-Fi --> Router --> Wi-Fi --> iPad/iPhone = OK

Air Video Server --> Wired --> Router --> Wi-Fi --> Apple TV = OK

Air Video Server --> Wired --> Router --> Wi-Fi --> iPad/iPhone = OK

Update: It appears that all of my issues with AirVideo were specifically related to my router. I replace my D-Link router with a newer ASUS AC1200 and everything has been working flawlessly for the last few days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users