• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dsreyn

dsreyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:20 AM

One of my uses primary uses of Air Video is to download Windows Media Center TV recordings to my iPad, to be watched at a later time (for example, on an airplane) when I don't have a network connection.  The WMC recording files (.wtv format) can contain multiple audio tracks.  In most cases, the first audio track (apparently, the one that Air Video grabs by default) is the one I want, and everything is fine.

However, I recently ran into some recordings (recent episodes of Blue Bloods and Chicago Med) where the audio tracks were switched in the .wtv files - that is, the "normal" English audio track was track 2.  When I load one of these .wtv files in VLC, I see two audio tracks:

Track 1 - [Spanish]

Track 2 - [English]

Though in fact, Track 1 is not actually Spanish, but is English with the addition of "descriptive audio" - basically, a voiceover describing the action that I'm seeing (e.g., "Dr Choi frowns").  This isn't a complete disaster, but it gets incredibly annoying after a while.  It looks like most of the network programs I record have the standard English track as track 1, and "Spanish" (presumably these are actually also English with descriptive audio) as track 2.  Since for these two particular episodes the tracks were reversed, when Air VIdeo grabbed the first track, I ended up with descriptive audio.

I found that in VLC, if I go to Tools => Preferences => Audio, and set "Preferred audio language" to "EN" (I previously had this blank), it fixes the problem *if* I play the track directly in VLC.  However, Air Video still seems to download the first track, ignoring my VLC preferences.  So my questions are:

1) Is there a way to configure Air Video so that it respects my VLC preferences during the conversion / download?

2) Alternatively, is there a way to include *both* audio tracks in the conversion and download process, so I can then pick either track during playback?  I believe that MP4 files support multiple audio tracks, though I'm not sure if VLC's conversion process will allow it.

Thanks,

Doug

#2 BrettB

BrettB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 04:49 PM

1) Is there a way to configure Air Video so that it respects my VLC preferences during the conversion / download?

2) Alternatively, is there a way to include *both* audio tracks in the conversion and download process, so I can then pick either track during playback?  I believe that MP4 files support multiple audio tracks, though I'm not sure if VLC's conversion process will allow it.

Thanks,

Doug

I have this exact situation. And, I would agree, that I would like for Air Video HD to convert ALL audio tracks not just the first 1 that it finds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users