32 replies to this topic

#21 DoctorChas

DoctorChas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:02 PM

I am aware of spam in forum and not very happy about it. I am trying to deal with it over time, IP.Board spam filter doesn't seem to work very well

Perhaps you might consider using a couple of moderators to handle the obvious spam. It would save you policing the forums and diverting your time resources to managing this irritation. I would also suggest using a system like ZBBlock to trap automated posting systems like Xrumer and Forum Poster 3: it can also block IP addresses by country and mitigate against people trying to use SQL injection attacks and the like. Several IP Board forums I used to run were inundated with probes and scans from various bad agents, particularly China, until I started using ZBB. 

I would also suggest imposing restrictions on first-time posters, something that be easily implemented in IPB. For example, restricting a first-time user to having their first few posts moderated. 

I generally found that while IP Board's inbuilt systems could handle a certain kind of abuse, other measures were needed upstream to deal with the other idiots.

=:~) 

#22 ikir

ikir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:19 AM

There indeed hasn’t been new features added to Air Video in a while, that doesn’t however mean it’s not supported (Apple TV app was updated week after tvOS beta to restored compatibility). The main reason is that I spend most of my time lately trying to get Airflow released. as cosmoxi pointed out. The reason is that nowadays having mobile app only is very problematic when it comes to sustainability. Once done, I plan to leverage much of the work that went into Airflow in Air Video Server HD, such as multiprocess architecture (greatly improves server stability, transcoding memory usage and even security, i.e. http server can be completely separated process with strict sandboxing), and improved transcoding pipeline (i.e. very fast scrubbing preview that works with native Apple TV player).

Thanks for getting in touch with us! Can't wait to see Air Video HD updated. Still dreaming about a native macOS app too :D

#23 k4rst3n

k4rst3n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:07 PM

Awesome! I use AV HD almost everyday both on AppleTv and iPhone and it's great! Once you start having time to put into developing more stuff for it we'll be here supporting you!

#24 rtraill

rtraill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:24 AM

I had a look at the Airflow Facebook page but I really am not sure what the app does.  Could someone explain what it is?

#25 music_maker

music_maker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:51 PM

Plex is the way to go. AV appears to be dead software. So far behind it is really embarrassing. 

#26 breather

breather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:05 AM

Any idea on when work on this App will resume?

#27 abat119

abat119

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:31 PM

I too would like to know a timeline if possible. I am starting to run into problems with Air Video HD with certain codecs (namely E-AC3) and am begining to look into other options. Obviously I would like to stay and support THIS software because it has served me well in the past and is (correction: WAS) the best of the bunch for my uses, but if develpmont has truely stopped or won't at least keep up with the times I will be forced to switch - which would be disappointing.

So....... what's up?

#28 ikir

ikir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 11:49 AM

I’m starting to have issue too with some videos. I hope to see server and all apps updated soon since I love Air Video HD. I also dream about a macOS native app.

#29 ciguli

ciguli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 04:18 PM

Swtiched to Plex. Much more stable and I love the availability of metadata. The only feature I miss is scrubbing preview...

#30 drm0223

drm0223

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:56 PM

Very unfortunate that we lost the ability to connect via LTE when on the road.  Many people reported this but not so much as a reply that I can find.  I've love AV and use it all the time but need a WiFi connection when traveling.  This happened almost a year ago and with no development it seems it won't be addressed.

#31 Danny

Danny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:15 PM

Very unfortunate that we lost the ability to connect via LTE when on the road.  Many people reported this but not so much as a reply that I can find.  I've love AV and use it all the time but need a WiFi connection when traveling.  This happened almost a year ago and with no development it seems it won't be addressed.

Plex working great on LTE.

Yes, I had to switch to Plex after, must be 6-7-8 years of using AV, then AVHD. I started with AV back in the days of the original Apple TV, with the hard drive. LOL. Kids login into my place with AV to watch, back even before Apple was streaming anything if I remember correctly. 

Plex has been flawless. AV had its time. But Plex UI on AppleTV is amazing. And I don't know how, but the server software, AppleTV app, iPhone app is all free. it works flawlessly without any Plex Pass fees.

I miss AV, why I check in once and awhile here. But pretty sure AV is a one man creator and he has moved on.

#32 MjW

MjW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:33 PM

I'll leave this here. News from the developer which were posted in an other thread in the forums.

I haven't had much time to work on Air Video, but now that Airflow is shipping I'm working on moving Air Video Server to the new multiprocess architecture that Airflow uses (including new transcoder and media analyzer), which should make the server much more stable.

• Axel and alexnanos like this

#33 max

max

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:26 AM

I use a more stable version of Air Video Server HD on my Windows machine :)  I don't plan on changing anytime soon either unless I got to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users