3 replies to this topic

#1 stavrosB

stavrosB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 08:37 PM

Hi,

I previously used Air Video and other similar apps and tried this evening to upgrade to Air Video HD. I have an issue I can't resolve. Any help would be appreciated.

I downloaded the Air Video HD app on my iPad (iOS 10.0.2) and the server on my Mac (10.12: Sierra). When I open the app it immediately picks up that there is a server on the local network. When I click on this it connects but I can't see any folders in the left hand pane under the server name [You Tube searches seem to indicate that this is where they are displayed - the first one I see is 'Downloaded files']. If I run a Connection speed test once connected, then the benchmark result confirms there is a connection.

So, it looks like the app can connect but can't see the files. The Mac has file sharing switched on (via both SMB & AFP), and all the relevant folders have read/write access open to 'Everyone'. Similar apps I already use on the iPad display the shared folders and their contents.

So what am I missing? Any help would be appreciated, as I can't currently use the app at all.

Thanks

#2 DoctorChas

DoctorChas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 11:51 PM

Have you added the folders you want in the server app? From the server's menubar icon, select Preferences and click the + button to add the folders where your videos are stored to Shared Folders.

=:~)

#3 stavrosB

stavrosB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:58 PM

I stared at that for such a long time..!  (-‸ლ)

That was the missing piece of the puzzle and it works fine now. Thanks for taking the time to reply to an absolute noob DoctorChas.

• DoctorChas likes this

#4 DoctorChas

DoctorChas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:49 PM

That was the missing piece of the puzzle and it works fine now. Thanks for taking the time to reply to an absolute noob DoctorChas.

No problem  :D

Two things you might not have noticed: once you've added some Shared Folders, you can click on the Display Name and change it to something more meaningful. By default, it takes the name of the folder you've added. Second, if like me you have folders spread across multiple drives (for example you might have two folders on two different drives both containing films), you can change the Display Name for both folders to the same name. Then AVHD will automagically show those two folders in the AVHD client as one item and everything arranged neatly alphabetically.

=:~) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users