10 replies to this topic

#1 Detox

Detox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 05:00 PM

Hi,

I am new to this forum so I hope I post this at a right place. I have been using Air Video HD for a long time and never had a problem with it until now. A couple of days ago I updated my macOS from El Capitan to Sierra and am unable to play videos on my Apple TV 4 no matter where I stream the video from (external hard drive, desktop,...). If I try to stream anything it plays for a couple of seconds and then it freezes... Anyone having the same issue?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

#2 Guest_Denkan123_*

Guest_Denkan123_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2016 - 11:42 PM

Same here on my ipad when i use the app there, but when i use the app on the ATV it works fine. But when i use my ipad to a gogole chrome cast it works gr8 so idk if its something with the airplay?

#3 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:45 PM

Is this using AirPlay? I'm afraid tvOS 10 broke AirPlay horribly (not just for Air Video), hopefully it will be fixed soon.

#4 Alonso

Alonso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:43 PM

Before The app was working pretty good without any issues...

But I have the same problem now (the video freezes) and I'm using:

• OS X El Capitan (Version 10.11.6)
  • iMac Late 2015
  • iPad 3th Generation iOS 9.3.5 (13G36)
  • Air Video Server HD Version 2.2.3-beta7
  • Apple TV 4 Model A1625 (32 GB) tvOS 10.1 (14U593)

You said in October that it will be fixed soon but we are on December now, I think this problem is because of the new Apple TV but I can't get my streaming work well and I love to use this app because subtitles. I don't like to use airplay without subs :(

#5 Alonso

Alonso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:58 PM

Oh I see... I will need to pay again!!! Now for the tvOS app (Air Video TV)  :o  <_<

#6 tdoane78

tdoane78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:04 PM

Why do you think you need to buy something new?

#7 Alonso

Alonso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:19 PM

I did the purchase on my Apple TV for Air Video TV and I'm so happy how it works! It's like magic! It's very worth it.
I sincerely preferred to spend a few dollars to enjoy the entertainment offered by the app and Apple TV.  ;)  :)

I hope it's from you the app, because don't appear as -inmethod- and uses your Air Video Server HD

#8 doodaa

doodaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 06:02 PM

yes it is true

i have rhe same problem, almost every movie just freeze after playing aroung 6-10 seconds

i am using it almost from the first version, now with apple tv 4, the problem persists. Does any one found a solution to that problem. The first issue with that was present with tvos 10, until now apple releases two new upgrades, and still not working.
Admin r u sure that the problem is in airplay.

thank u in advance
Dejan

#9 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:28 PM

AirPlay is horribly broken on tvOS 10 and it doesn't seem to be fixed yet. There's not much I can do about it, I still have no clue how something like this could get through Apple's QA.

#10 doodaa

doodaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:43 AM

@Admin

thank u for quick response

Maybe then we should open a case on Apple and ask them to fix this.

regards

-D

#11 zatarra

zatarra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:33 PM

Hi..

i am using apple tv 4 gen..and after 3-4 seconds the video is freezing...i can not steam any video from my iphone or ipad. works fine if i wach on iphone but when i try to airplay to apple tv its freezing after a few second...any help or info ?

i downloaded the latest firmwire on air server, apple tv it is with the latest tvos and from my mac is sierra 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users