• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ppoulos

ppoulos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 01:46 PM

I have several MKV files that have Dolby Atmos soundtracks - basically a modified Dolby TrueHD 7.1 base soundtrack containing addition information tagging the file as a Dolby Atmos soundtrack, and a second DD 5.1 soundtrack with the additional information for Atmos speakers encoded in this second soundtrack. I know that Apple TV4 is currently not allowing bit streaming of any soundtrack to my receiver. The current version of Air Videoo HD for Apple TV4 recognizes the Dolby TureHD 7.1 base soundtrack. But it has problems decoding this soundtrack with the additional Atmos information in the TrueHD part. The sound comes out stuttering. I can get 5.1 sound by switching to the second audio soundtrack.

Will a future version of the Air Video HD be able to output 7.1 sound based on original Dolby TrueHD (including Atmos) or DTS-MA 7.1 soundtrack? Does it need to transcode the audio on the fly to do so? And I presume the current version of Air Video Server HD (for MAC) or Air Video HD for Apple TV will have to be modified to decode Dolby TrueHD 7.1 soundtracks that are part of Dolby Atmos sound system.

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:52 PM

Can you please check fi the problem persists with this server version?

http://forums.inmeth...beta4-released/

#3 ppoulos

ppoulos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:48 PM

Can you please check fi the problem persists with this server version?

http://forums.inmeth...beta4-released/

Thanks... that Beta4 release fixed the problem with Dolby Atmos 7.1 (TrueHD) core soundtrack.  Is there any plans to support 7.1 sound rather than simple 5.1?

#4 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:33 PM

I'll look into that.

#5 Guest_Simon F_*

Guest_Simon F_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:48 PM

Hi, I have stumbled across this thread when trying to find a solution to my query. Is it possible for Apple TV to allow Dolby True HD and Atmos to be passed to my AVR? Thanks

#6 cosmoxl

cosmoxl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:36 PM

yes, please get 7.1 output working as it is supported by the apple tv.

#7 Guest_Simon F_*

Guest_Simon F_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:48 PM

Thank you for replying so quick. I have a 5.1.2 set up (5.1 + 2 ceiling speakers). Will this allow Atmos & DTSX via ATV? I think my ATV is 3rd gen, does this cause an issue? I have seen so many threads about the way ATV decodes audio and recedes before passing to the AVR, which prevents Atmos & DTSX.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users