• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2572 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 05:53 PM

Air Video Server HD  2.2.3-beta3 is available. 

Changes since 2.2.3-beta2

Changes since 2.2.2

• New caching implementation should significantly improve performance with high latency network drives
  • Important QuickSync fixes
    • Fixed encoding for 60fps files

• Fixed the No frames found before end of file bug on some files. Note that if you have encountered this you may have to rebuild thumbnail cache after installing the beta

• More reliable recovery on device failure

• Fixed missing audio during ChromeCast playback on Nexus and other android based devices

• Fixed PCM audio playback for some matroska files

• Better compatibility with Apple TV 4

• Hardware accelearated transcoding on 12" MacBook

• General playback improvements

Download for Mac OS X (universal)

More information about hardware acceleration can be found here.

#2 perfecblue

perfecblue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 02:10 AM

Thanks for the update!  Will test it out now!

#3 kings1204

kings1204

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:04 PM

The beta 3 works really good. It consumes a little more memory than version 2.0.2 for example (8% more in mi case) but works perfect.

I´ve tried x64 version with one user , hardware aceleration activated and deactivated, and no problems at all. Original BDRemux , transcoding to 720p (1.536) and 1080p (10Mb).

Tested with 3 users at the same time , works perfect.

The Hardware acceleration works with the first one and the other two are send tu CPU (Mac mini core i5 , intel HD 5000 , Win 7 ultimate x64)

No memory leaks in 20 minutes working , consuming around 330 MB of RAM each transcode (BDRemux to 720p)

Thank u for your hard work !!!!

• perfecblue likes this

#4 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2572 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 07:15 PM

Kings1204, the additional memory consumption is due to caching. Right now the server will have cache of 8 megabytes for each file being played. In same cases it makes huge performance difference on high latency network drives.

• perfecblue likes this

#5 kings1204

kings1204

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:56 PM

ok , thank u for the explanation !!!

#6 tdoane78

tdoane78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:52 AM

Thanks!

#7 RMcV

RMcV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:09 PM

@admin I am seeing 6 Gigs of memory allocated to the Air VIdeo HD server. While it's an improvement over 12 Gigs, it seems way too high.

#8 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2572 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:55 PM

RMcV, that is a lot. Can you give me more information? How many simultaneous transcoding sessions? What kind of videos (bitrate)? QuickSync or not? Does the usage go down eventually (when sessions close) or does it stay that high (potential leak or really bad heap fragmentation)?

#9 kings1204

kings1204

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:03 AM

i´ve got the same problem, At the begining everything goes really well, but after one day connected airvideoserver.ui is using 1,6GB of memory and slowly increasing with no one connected.

There has been 3 users connected, 2 at the same time, in the last day.

#10 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2572 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:11 PM

Increasing with no one connected? I can't imagine what would be causing that. There is very little activity in server without connections (unless there is offline conversion). Is there any specific action that you could pinpoint that increases the memory usage without the usage going down after? Maybe specific files that cause this?

#11 RMcV

RMcV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:19 PM

@admin

There was only one session. No Quicksync. Videos were either 640x360 + 128 mp3 or 720x404 + 128 ACC. In the morning when I get up I check the memory allocated to Air Video HD server processes. There is no one on it in the morning so I am thinking that it accumulates and stays allocated.

#12 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2572 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:29 PM

RMcV, can you send me updated logs? It seems that in your case it leaks really bad (when it does), that should make it possible to pinpoint the leak to specific action so that I can reproduce it.

#13 RMcV

RMcV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 03:34 PM

@ admin

The log archive is 3.5 megs. Please let me know where to send it.

On a side note VLC is now v2.2.2. Can I install it or will I face issues?

#14 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2572 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 03:50 PM

There shouldn't be any issues with VLC 2.2.2, just quit the server during installation. You can send the logs to support(at)inmethod.com. Thanks!

#15 RMcV

RMcV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 05:18 PM

@ admin

Logs are sent. I updated to VLC 2.2.2 and there doesn't seem to be any issues.

#16 kings1204

kings1204

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 07:05 PM

I give up.

I´ve doing tests during this afternoon and everything goes perfect, I can´t understad what´s happening. Until version 2.2.2 everything worked perfect always.

It´s happening in two different mac mini that are dedicated only to serve video with air video HD, with win 7 ultimate x64 and no other service external to windows running. The only thing i have not said is that it reads the movies from an external (USB) device, but i don´t think it is important for this issue.

I´ll continue reading this forum and updating the program , hope it will work again for me in the future.

Thank u for your help !!!

#17 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2572 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:44 PM

Hi kings1204,

if there is a leak, I don't think it is a new one. It might be that it just didn't happen before (it could be rare). Anyway, fixing the leak is easy, reproducing it is the hard part. I'll think about whether it would be possible to add extra logging that would help with tracking memory usage. 

• kings1204 likes this

#18 RMcV

RMcV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:44 AM

@ admin

My allocated memory is very low now 50-60 megs when not in use. I'm happy.

#19 cosmoxl

cosmoxl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:35 PM

I am noticing memory problems with 2.2.3beta3.  It's using nearly 8GB each virtual memory and RAM (resource monitor Commit and Private columns).  odd, to say the least.  I didn't notice problems with 2.2.3beta2.

#20 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2572 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:01 PM

cosmoxi, it is unlikely that this is a change between betas. It's more likely that the memory leak just happend "right now". If you notice any action that dramatically increases memory usage and it return back after playback, please let me know. I'm pretty sure there is a memory leak, the problem is, noone knows when exactly does it happen. (it could be specific file, specific decoder configuration - i.e. some direct show filters, if not using VLC, specific order of actions (i.e. multiple transcoding sessions), etc.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users