3 replies to this topic

#1 evilpants

evilpants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 10:46 AM

Hi there,

On my iOS devices, I pretty much only use Air Video HD with headphones.

Every now and then, I pull the headphones out by mistake. The video continues playing, with sound blasting out everywhere.

Sometimes if I'm having trouble sleeping I use Air Video HD in bed, and I've often woken my partner by accidentally pulling the cable out when I move. Therefore, this subject is therefore very important to me :-)

Is it possible to set Air Video HD to stop playing a video when headphones are disconnected? I think other apps do it, so it seems to be possible - but I know you use a customised player, so it might not be doable.

But if it's possible, I would really appreciate it - and so would my partner :-)
  • mate and Larestads like this

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:10 AM

I'll look into this.

#3 evilpants

evilpants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:05 PM

Hi - thanks so much for responding and for considering this. I woke him up again last night cos I turned over and pulled the cable out :-)

#4 evilpants

evilpants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:48 AM

Hi again - I just wanted to add something new to this, which might make it an issue that needs working on:

True wireless Bluetooth earphones are coming onto the market. I've got Earins, which have no sables connecting them to each other' each is powered by a small battery.

Why is this an issue? Because if the earphones cut out, Air Video immediately starts playing on the phone speaker. His has happened to me in public a few times.

As these earphones become more popular and as mobile bandwidth becomes cheaper and faster, more Air Video users will be in my situation, and it's horrible to suddenly blast out whatever video you're watching to everyone in the vicinity cos the batteries run out on your earphones :-)

So, I'd like to give my feature request an extra upvote cos of this new situation that's caused me problems.

Thank you :-)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sound, iOS, headphones

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users