• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ajmas

ajmas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 04:11 PM

Would it be possible to add a parental lock?

The simplest approach for a first implementation could simply be to have a parental-lock.cfg file in the base folder to be protected and then have that file contain a pin=0000 or password=abcdef entry. That would then be used by Air Video to decide whether the folder needs to be protected.

A future version could improve on the concept, such as an encrypted entry. Given the use case, thinking this is less of a priority for now, unless it can be done in a way that is easy for novice users.

I am seeing this as really important for the AppleTV version
  • ajmas likes this

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:07 AM

We do have supports for multiple user accounts. Although I agree that in current version logging out can be cumbersome.

#3 ajmas

ajmas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:00 AM

The other challenge with accounts is logging back in and it would probably require more logic to permission things according to user. In the model I am thinking about the lock would either reactivate after X minutes or you simply select to reactivate the lock.

#4 Linust

Linust

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:44 AM

Hi, 

I might have a simpler take on what I believe is the same need.

IE: i use my tablet mostly for my self, typically for in flight entertainment. But I want to be able to allow my child to look at previously downloaded content (and maybe even server content) UNSUPERVISED. Typically when my child is flying with the family or enduring a dinner activity without other kids.

My suggestion would be to just limit with a PIN code on the device. No server side synchronization.

When unlocked - by inputing the PIN (by clicking a padlock symbol in a corner?)

- All downloaded files are visible as well as server side folders (just root folders are probably ok for most users, or perhaps the whole server?)

- A swipe on a downloaded file or folder allows the selection of lock/unlock

The pin times out when leaving the app for more than X minutes, or when tapping the same padlock

When locked (no pin inputed)

- Only unlocked files and folders are visible.

Any thoughts on this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users