#1 RXDI

RXDI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationTampa

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:42 PM

Can we get an idea of what's coming to the AppleTV app?

Maybe what you guys are planning on adding to the app. Siri search... etc

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:07 PM

Sorry, I don't see Siri search coming any time soon. There is no Siri API currently, and it's hard to say when or even if Apple will provide one. 

Right now the main focus is iOS update (with major UI revamp to support multitasking and PIP), after that hopefully better metadata support.

• RXDI likes this

#3 RXDI

RXDI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationTampa

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:33 AM

Thank you. Metadata support would be really great along with a way to change the background color inside the app. Folders and the app background are about the same colors on my TV's which makes it hard to read for some.

Z43zRQS.jpg?2

#4 breather

breather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:29 AM

Use Metadata wisely, leave the filenames alone.

#5 tdoane78

tdoane78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:18 PM

Sorry, I don't see Siri search coming any time soon. There is no Siri API currently, and it's hard to say when or even if Apple will provide one. 

Right now the main focus is iOS update (with major UI revamp to support multitasking and PIP), after that hopefully better metadata support.

Can you provide some insight in which direction with metadata support? Will it be more like PyTivo with seperate files that contain the data or another route? (I'm just curious how much work i have in front of me!). Thanks as always!

-Tim

#6 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:04 PM

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure yet. Every approach to metadata carries with it a set of problems and headaches. We probably don't want it to be entirely manual, so indexing and online fetching is more likely.

#7 breather

breather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 02:12 PM

Just give us an option to turn it off

#8 Guest_KGhost78_*

Guest_KGhost78_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2016 - 12:17 AM

Any news on this topic. Currently I'm fighting Infuse. It's a crappy player and the setup is horrible but they have a cool aTV interface with album art that can be sourced from the cloud or the metadata that is embedded into the file.

#9 Guest_psych_*

Guest_psych_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:23 PM

Siri for 3rd party is coming in TVos10 :)

#10 Guest_Slottedpig_*

Guest_Slottedpig_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:27 PM

@admin...why not allow air video to use the existing metadata imbedded in the file? There is a nifty app in the Mac App Store called iflicks2 and it will go and fetch all the metadata for a batch of MP4 files even if they aren't named properly.

#11 RXDI

RXDI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationTampa

Posted 14 September 2016 - 11:07 PM

Has anyone on your team started working on the Siri Api yet? I see tvOS apps already rolling out with it now.

Also, any chance of adding a Dark Mode to the ATV4 AVHD app? Having Dark Mode with the tvOS, then opening your app at night is a real blinder. Seems so bright now.

Honestly your TV app has not been updated for a long while. Has all work on it been abandoned?

#12 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 07:15 AM

I looked at SIRIKIT a while ago and it seems to be tied to specific domains, none of which is of any use to Air Video HD.

Air Video has not been abandoned, there's full time work going on server right now, but it's not yet ready for testing.

Dark mode should be addressed soon.

#13 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 09:12 AM

And by soon I mean that the update should be submitted for review by the end of this week.

#14 RXDI

RXDI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationTampa

Posted 19 September 2016 - 01:58 AM

Thank you for the update. I'm sure I speak for everyone here, we are looking forward to more features on the Apple TV app.

• crutili likes this

#15 one

one

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:06 AM

Hello,

The latest version is now named Air Video TV (old name was Air Video HD) and is only compatible with tvOS 10! I cannot install Air Video TV on my ATV 4 with tvOS version 9.2.2.

The tvOS 10 is full of bugs and after a couple of days I downgraded the ATV 4 back to 9.2.2 and, in this stage, I cannot reinstall the Air Video TV anymore.

Please advise!!

#16 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 10:41 AM

one, does this not work?

https://support.appl.../en-us/HT201272  (section Redownload an app)

I've enabled all past versions to be downloaded, there's not much else I can do about this.

#17 one

one

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 12:36 PM

one, does this not work?

https://support.appl.../en-us/HT201272 (section Redownload an app)

I've enabled all past versions to be downloaded, there's not much else I can do about this.

On tvOS 9.2.2 I tried:

A. Close all apps, then App Store > Purchased > All Apps > Air Video TV > click on Install Icon (with a cloud) - > tvOS 10 is Required

B. Close all apps, restart ATV, then App Store > Purchased > All Apps > Air Video TV > click on Install Icon (with a cloud) - > tvOS 10 is Required

Question: Is it possible now, for a new customer, to install Air Video TV on ATV 4 with tvOS < 10?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users