• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Payaso

Payaso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:13 PM

I work for Apple and found out about this app from a customer. I saw that your website advertises the app as universal so I purchased for my Apple TV expecting to be able to download on my iPad and iPhone. Looks like the App Store wants to charge me for an iOS version too. I confirmed I was using same appleID. The other AppleTV universal apps download ok on my iPhone. Called iTunes Store support and was informed it does not appear to be universal. They apologized, gave me some credits and suggested I contact the developer. I wouldnt mind paying $10 for this app. I suggest you increase the price and make it a truly universal app or add a disclaimer stating the app must be purchased twice for AppleTV users. Thanks. Have a good one!

• max, cosmoxl and Larestads like this

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:23 AM

Hi,

Air Video HD is universal in the sense that the iOS version works both on iPhone and iPad. I wrote that before there was a tvOS SDK. However the description only mentions iPhone and iPad, it doesn't mention Apple TV.

• RXDI, max and Payaso like this

#3 Payaso

Payaso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:07 AM

Thanks for response. I paid for both platforms. Keep up the good work!

• max likes this

#4 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:39 PM

I hoped, this App would be universal ment to be available on iOS and tvOS. The App Geometry Wars fpr example is truly universal, paid once and got it on iPhone, iPad AND Aplle TV... that's nice. But for your App I would have to pay 10€... YES, EUROS... that's too much! So please make it universal for tvOS AND iOS!

#5 Guest_drm0223_*

Guest_drm0223_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:56 PM

A separate price for the TVOS version is ok by me!  A very reasonable price at that.  I know that you and all developers need to pay bills and feed the family just like all the rest of us non-developers.  Keep up the good work and thanks for a great set of programs, from the server to the client apps on all Apple gear!!!!

A Happy Customer glad to see the TVOS version!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users