Disable subtitles by default

subtitles subs appletv

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Pascal_*

Guest_Pascal_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:05 AM

Having a similar issue here, but can't even turn the si titles off by swiping down. The subtitles section just says:

Language
✔️ No Subtitles

Any idea what I can do? I've gone back to using the app on my iPad and using AirPlay to the TV.

#22 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2572 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:33 PM

If you see subtitles in movie but are unable to select/or disable them (while playing the movie) it usually means that the subtitles are hardcoded in the movie.

#23 Guest_Pascal_*

Guest_Pascal_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:30 AM

I don't think they're hard-coded because they don't appear when I use the air video app on my iPhone or iPad. They appear on by default on the Apple TV app, with no way to turn them off.

#24 Guest_Pascal_*

Guest_Pascal_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:31 AM

I don't think they're hard-coded because they don't appear when I use the air video app on my iPhone or iPad. They appear on by default on the Apple TV app, with no way to turn them off.

#25 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2572 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 02:17 AM

What kind of content are you playing? Is it recorded broadcast? Are subtitles still present when you enable "Force conversion" in playback settings (assuming it is not enabled by default)?

#26 breather

breather

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:54 PM

I too have subtitles that are not hardcoded that I can not disable.
Example: VICE.News.Tonight.2016.11.07.1080p.HBO.WEBRip.AAC2.0.H.264-monkee

I usually find this problem in videos ripped from websites like HBO or Comedy Central.

What to do?

Using latest stable AV HD

#27 breather

breather

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:20 AM

Any news on the subtitles problem I mentioned?

#28 SiB57

SiB57

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:55 PM

I had a subtitle issue with a file I had.  It would not turn off the subtitles, even when I turned them off in the app, they kept displaying.  I ended up having to remux the mkv file to a new one without the subtitles included AND move the file to a different folder location for the subtitles to finally stop appearing.  It was very weird.

#29 breather

breather

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:19 PM

Any news on the subtitles that can´t be disabled (not hardcoded) for certain videos issue? (mostly webrips in my experience)

Have to use the Infuse to see without subtitles for those videos... :-/

#30 MacMhicheil

MacMhicheil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:45 PM

I'm also having the issue of not being able to disable embedded subtitles (in some files) on the Apple TV. It's not ideal, but I can disable them in the iOS app and AirPlay to my Apple TV.

#31 Elphaba

Elphaba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 03:32 AM

I just want to add to this as it's been driving me nuts since you released the Apple TV App.

We NEED an option in the app's settings to turn off ALL subtitles on ALL files, globally, until we manually turn them on.

It seems that the InMethod person who replied to this thread is under the misunderstanding that such a feature already exists (it doesn't) or that there is an option to turn them off 'globally' (there isn't).

As it stands, every file that is played through your app, if it has either embedded, or a separate file for subtitles, has those subtitles automatically TURNED ON.

And for every file, in the above case, we have to MANUALLY, go through the horrible and fiddly procedure to select 'No Subtitles' from the drop down menu of your app.

When that file finishes playing, and we play another, the subtitles are again automatically enabled.

If you are still unable to believe this, I can upload a video to a server of your choice, that shows this happening 100% of the time.

PLEASE, hear us and give us the ability to turn off subtitles globally for any and all future files that are played using your app, unless me manually turn them on individually.

Thank you.

PS, can you please alter the menu that appears on the right side of the screen if we swipe through our video list too quickly, so that it doesn't appear without a selection or a pause or something. It's really annoying. Maybe even have it as a top menu button and not able to be swiped into when scrolling around our files lists.

Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: subtitles, subs, appletv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users