• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dburr

dburr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 07:55 PM

First of all THANK YOU for yet another excellent app, Air Video TV. Bought it the instant I heard about it, and I don't mind at all that it is a separate purchase (you guys totally deserve it.) And the app works beautifully, for the most part. The only problem is that I wish there was a way to always have the "force hard subtitles" option turned on, just like in the Air Video iOS app. I watch a lot of videos that uses fancy subtitles with different fonts, positioning, text effects, etc. that are supported by the more powerful subtitle formats (SSA/ASS) but they just do not render well at all using Air Videos' default (soft subtitle) engine. I can turn "Force Hard Subtitles" on for each individual video, but then when I watch the next video in a series, that setting goes back to "off" again. The Air Video iOS app has an "always burn-in subtitles" option that does exactly this; however I do not see such an option in Air Video TV's settings page.

• truddyFresy likes this

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 08:01 PM

There's no global settings for this yet. It can be added, but I'd much rather come with a way to have full SSA rendering without having to burn it in.

#3 dburr

dburr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 11:36 PM

There's no global settings for this yet. It can be added, but I'd much rather come with a way to have full SSA rendering without having to burn it in.

Definitely, native decoding of advanced subtitles would be preferable. If such a system is being worked on, then I'll put up with having to manually switch on forced subtitles in every video for now :)

#4 chinito77

chinito77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 01:42 AM

Stylized subs would be greatly appreciated!  Even if you charge a $1 in app purchase, I would support this great app!

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2015 - 11:01 PM

i can't seem to turn subtitles off for some files.  I can change the subtitle source, but not disable it altogether.

#6 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2015 - 11:07 PM

ignore that, i see it, it was a long list of languages and the option was off screen

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: appletv, hard subtitles, ass, ssa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users