Photo

New AppleTV feature request

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#81 Guest_Simon_*

Guest_Simon_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2016 - 08:14 AM

Air Video HD is amazing and I actually cheered when I saw you had an app available on the new Apple TV platform.

My request for a feature is, if it's possible, if you could add the setting to not put the folders first in the sort on the Apple TV app.

I have my files mixed (some stand alone some in folders) and I have always used the option on your iOS app of choosing whether or not to list folders first.

I find it a bit of a chore to have to scroll through many screens of folders to locate the stand alone files.

Hopefully adding this functionality to your TV OS app won't be too difficult.

Thanks very much!

#82 breather

breather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:51 AM

I like it when the folders are first and would like to keep it so.

Why not give us the choice and let us choose ourselves with some settings options :-)

#83 Guest_Craig_*

Guest_Craig_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:20 PM

Would it be possible to add a Resume Playback / Start from Beginning prompt when you select a file?

#84 cosmoxl

cosmoxl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:42 PM

Would it be possible to add a Resume Playback / Start from Beginning prompt when you select a file?

hold down the touchpad button on the thumbnail and it'll give you a menu.

#85 NSBrad

NSBrad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:51 PM

Here's something I'd really like and should be easy since it's there on the individual movie level.  Mark all viewed/unviewed at the folder level that toggles the flag for everything inside.  Basically work just like it does for a video.  When you have a folder selected, hold down the button and the popup appears that gives the options to set the flag.  Would make it nice for checking off old stuff that was viewed before ATV4 was released. Also makes it easier to reset the videos that I play when I go to bed when I run through all of them to restart the cycle.  

#86 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:01 AM

Hi I would really like to see an option to change languages and/or change subtitles! The iOS app has this ability and it's great. I bought the Apple TV version thinking it is the same but I can only use English tracks and my mkv files have multiple language tracks that are essentially useless now, unless I mirror (in which case why did I buy Apple TV air video in the first place).

#87 Guest_Joe_*

Guest_Joe_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2016 - 07:57 AM

I would like to be able to control the playback speed.  I use an option on VLC on my phone to speed up playback and it really helps me to get through some of the instructional videos I have to watch so much quicker.

#88 Guest_goose_*

Guest_goose_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:24 AM

Apologies if this has been dealt with elsewhere.  I looked around but didn't find it.

I've used Air Video on all my devices and really like it on the AppleTV.  Just quicker and easier than Plex or the other alternatives out there.

There is only one issue I have and it may be my ignorance, but my AppleTV passes audio through to a dolby enabled receiver and Air Video always defaults to the 2 channel stereo track.  Plex and Infuse are always smart enough to default to the AC3 track.  I never have to force it.  With Air Video, I have to manually pick the AC3 track for every single file.  It gets very frustrating when you're half way through a show and realize that you've been cheated on good sound because you forgot to turn it on.

I'm hoping that I've just missed something and Air Video can already do this.  If not, please take a look at the issue...

Thanks...

goose.

#89 Guest_Örjan_*

Guest_Örjan_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2016 - 01:35 PM

Subtitle sync! I can only watch around 30% of my stuff on the tvOS app, since subs are so often out of sync, and on the iPad I can play with the sync. Aside from this, the app is perfect.

#90 breather

breather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 11:43 AM

Option to disable preview window and the dimming of video when pausing.

#91 Guest_Francisco_*

Guest_Francisco_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2016 - 11:04 PM

Audio and subtitle sync!

#92 Guest_Didier_*

Guest_Didier_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:44 AM

Can more audio options be added please? In other apps when I swipe down on the remote for the extra options I can change the speakers, wireless headphones etc. Can this be implemented please?

Thanks for the work done so far. Fantastic app.

I would love to have this feature. For now, I'm just switching to the Youtube app, swipe down to select the right speaker and switch back to Air Video HD. It's not a big deal but if you can make this manipulation easier directly in the app, that would be great.

Anyways, it's just a detail. Thank you for your app. Air Video HD and bluetooth speakers are the main reasons I bought the ATV4.

#93 cosmoxl

cosmoxl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:26 PM

Audio and subtitle sync!

I agree with this.

#94 Guest_Dr Dave_*

Guest_Dr Dave_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:24 PM

First of all, I love this app.

Feature requests

1) Folders with lots of H265 content are taking 10-15 seconds to preview just a screen full of files. Scrolling through and finding the video now requires me to wait while it finishes processing other previews that were started. This happens each time the AppleTV is rebooted. Either cache the preview to file (not folder because it might move) or give us the option to disable. Maybe there's a more creative solution.

Also, I like removing tags and titles from MKV's with mkvpropedit.exe, and there seems to be a problem with reading them, so this 10-15 second preview delay can now take 45-60 seconds or more on H265 content.

2) Display cover art instead of file preview. If a file is included with the same name as the file then maybe use that as the preview.

3) Nvidia GPU processing would be awesome! I know it's probably expensive, but we paid enough for this app. I know I'll buy the new version if it comes out. Anything to improve performance and lessen delays. 

#95 emax81

emax81

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 02:51 PM

+1 Dark Mode ;)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15", late 2013)_macOS 10.13 . iPhone 7 Plus_iOS 11 . iPad Pro _iOS 11.  Watch Series 2_watchOS 4 .  tv_tvOS 11 

#96 newdeepdan

newdeepdan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:34 PM

My feature request would be to be able to set a Cover/Icon for the folder. At the moment I have list of 200 folders, and trying to navigate them on the Apple TV with just text is overwhelming. Being able to set a small cover/icon for each folder would be helpful to differentiate the folders and assist the user to easy see where they are in the sea of folders. Maybe something where it will use the file "cover.jpg/png" from within the folder but the file itself would not be displayed on the Apple TV listing.   

Love Honor Truth

#97 Guest_Kanwar Fagoora_*

Guest_Kanwar Fagoora_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:30 AM

Audio preference: force to highest number of audio channels.

In this case, if there are multiple audio tracks on a media file and 2-channel is selected by default, if a track with a higher number of channels exists then AVHD will play it instead of the default track.

#98 Guest_Kanwar Fagoora_*

Guest_Kanwar Fagoora_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:33 AM

DTS (Headphone:X) and Dolby post-processing for audio. See iOS app 'nPlayer' for example.

#99 kfagoora

kfagoora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:19 PM

Please disregard my last comment--that was meant to be a feature request for the iOS app.

#100 Guest_Denkan92_*

Guest_Denkan92_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2016 - 12:16 PM

Still no cropping option on the atv app?

woud be gr8 to have that option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users