105 replies to this topic

#61 DoctorChas

DoctorChas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 04:05 PM

I just fixed the scrubbing with remote app. Will be submitting update for review shortly.

Outstanding :D 

#62 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:47 AM

Do you see progress bar on top when loading the directory? How long does it take to finish the progress?

The Blue Status Bar only shows for a couple of seconds and then I get all the large Gray Boxes and File Titles.  As I scroll down through the titles if I pause on 12 gray boxes it takes about 15 seconds before the twelve boxes show thumbnails.  I just timed it twice once was 15 seconds the next was 20 seconds. And a third run was 23 seconds.  Anything else to check?  I also notice that thumbnails do not load until I scroll to an area where thumbnails have not appeared yet.  Would it be possible to not show the gray box thumbnail place holder and just the text on a line until all thumbnails for that line are ready to appear?

Thanks for your help.  Again, missing thumbnails on my phone and iPad are easier on the eye as they are not so much larger then the displayed file names and they are only one per line.

#63 airvideohdserver

airvideohdserver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:54 PM

No issues here at all with loading times or displaying all 1,600+ items in one directory (other directories have hundreds of items)

ATV's included 802.11AC was a welcome addition = faster network speeds, no buffering or load times (unlike the previous ATV).

Server running on 16GB RAM with 500 Samsung SSD, MacMini quad core i7, various external USB drives (5TB each), Asus AC router.
As each 'folder' (title) in my largest directory (of 1,600+ folders) can be anywhere from 2-15GB in size, it's not possible to have them all in one drive (unless you have a very expensive NAS or Raid setup). So what's been working for me for years is I have a 'source' folder (that I point the AirVideoHD server to), this folder resides on the MacMini desktop and I just drop symlinks into it as I add items to the various external USB drives connected to the MacMini (as I need more space I just add more external USB drives, and any new 'titles' get saved there, with their symlink added to the 'source folder' in the Macs desktop. This 'source folder' contains nothing but symlinks. Make sense?

#64 Guest_242_*

Guest_242_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:48 PM

No issues here at all with loading times or displaying all 1,600+ items in one directory (other directories have hundreds of items)

ATV's included 802.11AC was a welcome addition = faster network speeds, no buffering or load times (unlike the previous ATV).

Server running on 16GB RAM with 500 Samsung SSD, MacMini quad core i7, various external USB drives (5TB each), Asus AC router.
As each 'folder' (title) in my largest directory (of 1,600+ folders) can be anywhere from 2-15GB in size, it's not possible to have them all in one drive (unless you have a very expensive NAS or Raid setup). So what's been working for me for years is I have a 'source' folder (that I point the AirVideoHD server to), this folder resides on the MacMini desktop and I just drop symlinks into it as I add items to the various external USB drives connected to the MacMini (as I need more space I just add more external USB drives, and any new 'titles' get saved there, with their symlink added to the 'source folder' in the Macs desktop. This 'source folder' contains nothing but symlinks. Make sense?

I have all 1000+ files in one folder.  Are you saying that you have 1600+ files in one folder or 1600+ subfolders in one folder?  I too am using a MacMini for my AirVideo HD server.  All file names load in seconds but the Thumbnails take forever.

#65 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:28 PM

Thumbnails taking this long to forward is definitely means something goes wrong, especially because they are cached on device. Is there any chance you could make a video of this (i.e. with your phone) and upload it here

https://www.mediafir...54ce133b8c0cb0b

#66 Guest_Bob_*

Guest_Bob_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:10 PM

Thumbnails taking this long to forward is definitely means something goes wrong, especially because they are cached on device. Is there any chance you could make a video of this (i.e. with your phone) and upload it here

https://www.mediafir...54ce133b8c0cb0b

The file has been uploaded.

#67 amcanbc

amcanbc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 04:44 AM

I have all my movies and shows arranged in folders (year for movies and day of the week for TV shows) with subfolders containing actual video files. Would it be possible to have the 'not watched' marker on any folder containing unwatched file? Just like the blue dot on the unwatched files itself.

#68 HE1

HE1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 01:19 AM

I would like to have option for zooming in (cropping) so videos can be played in fullscreen.

I want this too badly, and saw more posts asking for this....

#69 Guest_Denkan_*

Guest_Denkan_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2015 - 01:16 AM

I would like to have option for zooming in (cropping) so videos can be played in fullscreen. 

I would highly like this as a new feature in the app.

#70 Guest_Leo_*

Guest_Leo_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2015 - 02:01 PM

This is a great app in the Apple TV. But missing one feature "Search" . I have around 500 video on my library. But is very different to them the video I want to watch. Please add the search feature.

#71 RXDI

RXDI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationTampa

Posted 31 December 2015 - 05:28 PM

This is a great app in the Apple TV. But missing one feature "Search" . I have around 500 video on my library. But is very different to them the video I want to watch. Please add the search feature.

That is not AirVideo's fault. Apple has not released the Search API yet. Once they do Developers will start adding it to their apps. Sometime early 2016.

#72 Guest_Dave_*

Guest_Dave_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:41 AM

Any chance we could have a way to view the content in list as well please?

#73 Guest_Scott_*

Guest_Scott_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2016 - 06:01 AM

I truly love your AppleTv app and use it daily. I have one request which I hope you can help with. My eyesight is not the best and from across the room I literally can't read the file names in the grid. Is there someway you could add an alternate view for those of us with vision problems? thanks so much for the consideration.

#74 Thunderbyte

Thunderbyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:29 PM

I truly love your AppleTv app and use it daily. I have one request which I hope you can help with. My eyesight is not the best and from across the room I literally can't read the file names in the grid. Is there someway you could add an alternate view for those of us with vision problems? thanks so much for the consideration.

I second that, as on smaller TV sets and/or sets which are further away, the names of the files are indeed barely readable.

#75 RXDI

RXDI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationTampa

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:52 AM

I turned on BOLD TEXT and HIGH CONTRAST in the ATV settings. This greatly helped.

#76 palaemon

palaemon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:59 AM

I'm confused. Ability to search API within the app should already be there right? Netflix, Hulu, etc AppleTV Apps all have search.

Search is the one feature I miss. It almost makes the app unusable.

I use search on all my devices to find everything: Spotlight to find apps, and files. I use the same on my iPhone to find apps. I don't care to put everything into folders.

At least sort by date added would help.

That is not AirVideo's fault. Apple has not released the Search API yet. Once they do Developers will start adding it to their apps. Sometime early 2016.

#77 newdeepdan

newdeepdan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:27 PM

I bought the Apple TV and the Air Video HD app for my parents. I think it would be helpful to have:

• Font size larger for folders
  • A outline or something to signify where you are currently selected (instead of just the image/thumbnail being enlarged)
  • Not having the settings pop-up when you scroll to the right.

Overall I like the Apple TV app.

Love Honor Truth

#78 lvg

lvg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:05 PM

I know already discussed, but just to chime in; the 'download' restriction is a huge pain for me.. so here's what I'm thinking;

I'd actually be ok with an occasional removal video. I've got the 64GB apple TV so I'd imaging that tvOS isn't going to be attempting to reclaim if I have 30% of that taken. In the worst case, an asset would have to be re-downloaded in the case it was removed (I'm thinking a TvOS hard restart, software reset, patch update or something like that)

My use-case is essentially for my parents, it much easier for me to download to the Apple TV and let them watch rather than having to *teach* them how to turn on the computer and NAS and stream. If a video was downloaded then removed, its not the end of the world, as I could download it for them again manually.

Would something like the below be possible?

https://forums.devel...om/thread/19174

I guess the missing part of the equation (that perhaps you guys are clearer on) is the frequency of "cache reclamation" of tvOS...

Finally as a long time Air Video user (who bought the apple TV just for your App) just to say:

You guys Rock!! Looking forward to tvOS search API integration and UI improvements as the app matures. 

#79 Guest_BOB_*

Guest_BOB_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:34 AM

It's Perfect!

#80 thumprchgo

thumprchgo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:28 PM

I would love to see the ability to slow down video or speed it up, similar to how the iPhone Air Video app works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users