• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#41 fb12

fb12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 04:04 AM

Thanks for implementing that.  I was wondering why the 10s forward option?  10s back makes sense in case you want to hear something again or you fast forward to much but 10s forward doesn't seem the right choice.  There must be a reason you chose that, what was it?

For me the fast forward is to skip through ads on recordings I have made of TV programs (on EyeTV then converted ands streamed via Airvideo) so 10s forward isn't much use for a typical ad (3m) as that requires 18 presses whereas 30s would only require 6.  The up option of skip forward 3m would get a typical add with fine tuning left/right.  The 1m back down press just gives you some flexibility if 3m is too far forward.

Skipping 3 minutes doesn't require 18 presses. Touch the surface of the remote and a timeline will immediately appear. Swipe your finger in either direction and you can fast forward or rewind as many minutes as you like very quickly. 

#42 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:29 AM

+- 10s was chosen to be consistent with system player. I don't quite understand why you can't just use regular scrubbing (swipe left/right) when you need to seek over an ad.

#43 NSBrad

NSBrad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 08:47 PM

This is probably more of a request for the Mac server app but I'd love to see support for mac smart folders.  I have a couple of them for things like recently added and it would be really convenient to have them to browse on the TV. 

#44 palaemon

palaemon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 05:59 PM

Thank you!

I still haven't heard about a search function.

Trying to find a movie in a folder of 100, 500 or 1000 movies takes forever.

• RXDI likes this

#45 tdoane78

tdoane78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:15 PM

Thank you!

I still haven't heard about a search function.

Trying to find a movie in a folder of 100, 500 or 1000 movies takes forever.

I've got my folders setup by having a directory for each letter of the Alphabet. For Televing shows, tv show, then season. It's kind of crazy to have all the files in one directory.

-Tim

#46 Guest_Stevo_*

Guest_Stevo_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:53 PM

I too love this app, I have been a long time StreamToMe user but nothing was available for the new apple TV, I fell upon you app by accident but I love the fact that its available for the AppleTV.  Still playing with it on the Apple TV, but I also would love if it could have a SEARCH feature.. aside from that, that is all I need its perfect.. Thank you..

I also have it on all my devices, Iphone Ipad :)

#47 Guest_tom_*

Guest_tom_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2015 - 10:25 PM

I would like to have option for zooming in (cropping) so videos can be played in fullscreen. 

#48 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:00 PM

Any chance of putting in a switch to disable thumbnails or make them smaller?  I have a large collection of movies on my server in one directory and it takes forever to load all the thumbnails even over ethernet 1Gb connection.  On iOS Air Video HD I also have to wait for the thumbnails to load but it is not as obnoxious because of the screen layout and relative size of thumbnails to text.

Thanks for another great product.  

#49 cosmoxl

cosmoxl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:34 PM

Any chance of putting in a switch to disable thumbnails or make them smaller?  I have a large collection of movies on my server in one directory and it takes forever to load all the thumbnails even over ethernet 1Gb connection.  On iOS Air Video HD I also have to wait for the thumbnails to load but it is not as obnoxious because of the screen layout and relative size of thumbnails to text.

Thanks for another great product.  

thumbnail loading speed isn't limited so much by your ethernet speed but by how fast the server app and codecs and your hard drive work to parse the videos.

#50 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:58 PM

thumbnail loading speed isn't limited so much by your ethernet speed but by how fast the server app and codecs and your hard drive work to parse the videos.

Yes I understand that, I just wanted to point out that the connection was not the bottleneck.  I would like have the option to see a text list only so that folks with large amounts of files in a single directory would not have to look at many screens of blank boxes between each tile while they waited for the thumbnails to process and load.  It is not much of a problem on the iOS app as the size ratio between thumbnail boxes and displayed text is much smaller and easier to scroll through.

#51 DoctorChas

DoctorChas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:34 PM

Good news: tvOS 9.1 now allows Apple's Remote app to control the ATV4. Bad news: scrubbing forwards and backwards, and edge-tapping to go forwards or backwards 10 seconds is not supported for AVHD. I've not tested this with media in iTunes since I have no videos in that app—they're all stored on external drives and accessed with AVHD.

Is this a fault of the Remote app?

Nice to be able to type stuff on a keyboard rather than selecting letters piecemeal from a single row, though :)

#52 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:50 PM

The thumbnails should be cached on Apple TV, so even if it takes a while to generate initially it should be very fast on subsequent reloads. Is the initial load that is the problem here?

#53 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:56 AM

The thumbnails should be cached on Apple TV, so even if it takes a while to generate initially it should be very fast on subsequent reloads. Is the initial load that is the problem here?

I have slow loading every time that I open Air Video HD on the Apple TV.  

#54 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:04 AM

Are the thumbnails created for the Apple TV larger then the ones created for an iPad?  I checked my thumbnail cache size on my iPad Air and it is 80MB for the directory that I am trying to use on the Apple TV.

#55 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 06:23 PM

The thumbnails should be larger. But even if they were, it shouldn't matter. How many files do you have in your folder?

#56 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 06:24 PM

Good news: tvOS 9.1 now allows Apple's Remote app to control the ATV4. Bad news: scrubbing forwards and backwards, and edge-tapping to go forwards or backwards 10 seconds is not supported for AVHD. I've not tested this with media in iTunes since I have no videos in that app—they're all stored on external drives and accessed with AVHD.

Is this a fault of the Remote app?

Nice to be able to type stuff on a keyboard rather than selecting letters piecemeal from a single row, though :)

I just fixed the scrubbing with remote app. Will be submitting update for review shortly.

• DoctorChas likes this

#57 Guest_724_*

Guest_724_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2015 - 12:28 AM

The thumbnails should be larger. But even if they were, it shouldn't matter. How many files do you have in your folder?

Over 1000 files in the directory.

#58 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:12 AM

Do you see progress bar on top when loading the directory? How long does it take to finish the progress?

#59 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:55 AM

The Blue Status Bar only shows for a couple of seconds and then I get all the large Gray Boxes and File Titles.  As I scroll down through the titles if I pause on 12 gray boxes it takes about 15 seconds before the twelve boxes show thumbnails.  I just timed it twice once was 15 seconds the next was 20 seconds. And a third run was 23 seconds.  Anything else to check?  I also notice that thumbnails do not load until I scroll to an area where thumbnails have not appeared yet.  Would it be possible to not show the gray box thumbnail place holder and just the text on a line until all thumbnails for that line are ready to appear?

Thanks for your help.  Again, missing thumbnails on my phone and iPad are easier on the eye as they are not so much larger then the displayed file names and they are only one per line.

#60 airvideohdserver

airvideohdserver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:56 AM

Great AppleTV App, thanks!!!

Any way to add the following in a future release:

1- when you click on a folder (movie title, tvshow title, etc) to display the folder.jpg or cover.jpg somewhere on the page, along with a vertical list of any subfolder of course (this jpg file would already reside in this directory). On a large-screen TV display, cover art becomes an important part of the overall experience (look at netflix, etc). In my 'movies' library each movie title (folder) includes the movie file itself, subtitle file (if provided), folder.jpg, trailer, and any 'extras' as a subfolder (these would include things like making-of, interviews, etc)

2- On the server app, to include other 'sources' like the HD-HomeRun Tuner (connect your Over-The-air HD antenna to the HomeRun Box to stream live HD TV to your AirVideHD!). 

Thanks again for the Amazing App !!! Have purchased all apps (airvideo, airvideHD, airVideoAppleTV... looking forward to the AirVideoHD OSX app ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users