Photo

New AppleTV feature request

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Hessa_*

Guest_Hessa_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:01 AM

Will the search option be added to the new update? It would greatly help. Other than that the app is amazing! Thank You

#22 emax81

emax81

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 10:10 PM

Add a  support for shutdown pc\mac  ( where is installed Air Video Server HD)  :)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15", late 2013)_macOS 10.13 . iPhone 7 Plus_iOS 11 . iPad Pro _iOS 11.  Watch Series 2_watchOS 4 .  tv_tvOS 11 

#23 tdoane78

tdoane78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 11:15 PM

Add a  support for shutdown pc\mac  ( where is installed Air Video Server HD)   :)

Aren't there third party apps that do this already? 

#24 emax81

emax81

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 11:20 PM

Ok, but i want shutdown pc\mac  from Air Video HD on my Apple TV without use a iPhone\iPad   :)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15", late 2013)_macOS 10.13 . iPhone 7 Plus_iOS 11 . iPad Pro _iOS 11.  Watch Series 2_watchOS 4 .  tv_tvOS 11 

#25 lmikey

lmikey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:25 PM

Great implementation.  Is there a way to sort files by most recently created as opposed to alphabetical?  If not, can you implement it?  It would be pretty easy to do (I've seen it done in many apps) and would be very helpful when dealing with large folders so that you can easily access recent files without endless scrolling.

Thanks!

#26 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 06:12 PM

You can go all the way to the right during browsing to show the hidden menu where you can change sort order for each folder.

#27 lmikey

lmikey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:15 PM

got it. Thanks!  didn't realize i had to click on "name" to change it to "date".  I see that even sorted by date, all the folders are still listed first, regardless of when they were created.  Is there a way to have the folders included in the date sort like any other file (the same way it would be sorted in OS X Finder)?

#28 lmikey

lmikey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:32 PM

obviously, the size of the folder box would have to be adjusted to match the size of the video thumbnail in that circumstance.  but that should be trivial,  (Easy for me to say!)

#29 breather

breather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:49 AM

I would really like to have the folders stay on top when you sort by Name. Opposite as what Imikey want (sorry Mike).

Atleast keep it as an option if you change it.

#30 Guest_DebbieFL_*

Guest_DebbieFL_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:34 AM

Fantastic app. I know the app will be flawless very soon, in the tradition of AirVideo app since the 1st iPad. AV was my first purchase on the first iPad. Great app for live and conversion for offline viewing. I still have home movies on a NAS that were converted with AV in 2010. It was so much better than any other conversion/reprocessing program for the Mac.

I bought AV HD Apple TV hoping the conversion option was still a feature, as I no longer have an iPad to initiate conversions. Could you possibly implement this feature in the AV Apple TV app, since the original AV seemed to send commands to the mac to do this processing, and thus wouldn't affect the Apple TV limits??? Would be so great to have these converted files available for other streaming devices.

If not, I still appreciate being able to utilize the play with live conversion on the Apple TV. Looking forward to your improvements to an already fabulous player for the Apple TV, primarily based on your history of consistently improving the original Air Video.

Very impressive.

#31 Guest_Joe_*

Guest_Joe_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2015 - 03:47 PM

You guys did a great job on this app. Just ask you consider adding the folders first option like you have in your other iOS apps and I believe a few others here were alluding to that as well. Thank you and please keep up the great work!

#32 breather

breather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:15 PM

Just thought of something. When you pause a video you get a preview window that block part of the screen.
Sometimes when I pause it is to get a better look at something and the preview window is in the way.
Also, the screen fades a little when you pause.

I think the preview window (and the fade) should only apear when you scroll backwards or forwards.

IMHO

#33 DoctorChas

DoctorChas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:18 PM

I would love the ability to hide the file extension, although that might be better implemented on the server app.

Also, as with iOS AVHD, at least adding the video's running time in a line below the thumbnail's title.

#34 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 12:14 PM

Just thought of something. When you pause a video you get a preview window that block part of the screen.
Sometimes when I pause it is to get a better look at something and the preview window is in the way.
Also, the screen fades a little when you pause.

I think the preview window (and the fade) should only apear when you scroll backwards or forwards.

IMHO

I tried to mimic the behavior of native player interface as close as I could. I'll see what I can do about this.

• breather likes this

#35 breather

breather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:32 PM

Sounds great :-)

#36 Guest_Tobias_*

Guest_Tobias_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:57 PM

Subtile sync is a must have for me. Possible?

Loving the app. Throwing my money on you since a few years. Like many others have already said, AV was my main reason for buying an ATV4. You should get commission from Apple.

#37 HE1

HE1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:00 AM

I would highly like a video playing feature/setting where I can play a movie fullscreen on 16:9, ofc in the original aspect ratio. This means by cropping or stretching (both vertical and horizontal to preserve ratio).

My popbox media player does this perfectly but I rather start watching my movies with the Apple tv.

Strangely the Apple tv Netflix app cant also, whereas the ios Netflix app on iPad CAN view movies in 16:9 (ofc with black bars on top and bottom still but the reason for that is that iPad screen is 4:3).
  • HE1 likes this

#38 fb12

fb12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:43 PM

Can more audio options be added please? In other apps when I swipe down on the remote for the extra options I can change the speakers, wireless headphones etc. Can this be implemented please?

Thanks for the work done so far. Fantastic app.

#39 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:12 PM

I'll have to look into that.

#40 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2015 - 02:15 AM

So, I've submitted update yesterday. I added right / left edge click (+ 10 and -10s to be consistent with native player). Top / bottom edge click does sound like an interesting idea, I'll play with it a little bit.

It will also have "Mark as Finished" option, as well as option to skip all finished videos during auto-play. And some other tweaks as well.

Thanks for implementing that.  I was wondering why the 10s forward option?  10s back makes sense in case you want to hear something again or you fast forward to much but 10s forward doesn't seem the right choice.  There must be a reason you chose that, what was it?

For me the fast forward is to skip through ads on recordings I have made of TV programs (on EyeTV then converted ands streamed via Airvideo) so 10s forward isn't much use for a typical ad (3m) as that requires 18 presses whereas 30s would only require 6.  The up option of skip forward 3m would get a typical add with fine tuning left/right.  The 1m back down press just gives you some flexibility if 3m is too far forward.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users