• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 chinito77

chinito77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 01:39 AM

I had to register to tell you guys that this app is truly awesome!  Streaming movies is indeed THE reason I have an Apple TV.  I stumbled across this app on day one of the new Apple TV and it plays all my HD movies shows with subtitles too!  I threw a lot of my hard to stream files at it and it played them quite well.  There was an update today which improved the audio sync for certain files with high bit rates and resolutions.  You guys are on top of it!  

BTW, I did download PLEX but as nice looking as the GUI may be, I prefer Air Video's clean and simple interface.  I'm a truly happy couch potato user, keep up the good work!

#22 Rosch

Rosch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:42 AM

2) Resolving through Server PIN will not work for some users. Unfortunately this one needs to be fixed in client update. The update has already been submitted to Apple and I asked for expedited review, but there's no way of knowing if it will be granted. If this affects you, it is possible to downgrade the server to 2.1.4 ( OSX, Win32, Win64 ) until the update gets approved.

Any news on that? Unfortunately we need 2.2 for ATV and 2.1.4 for iOS. 

#23 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2579 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:14 PM

No update yet, sorry. Expedited review was not granted this time so we need to wait for regular approval.

#24 RXDI

RXDI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationTampa

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:25 PM

How long has it usually been taking for approval, 8-10 days? When was it submitted?

#25 Adamantium

Adamantium

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:34 PM

Can I confirm that the latest update when approved by apple will fix the problem I have?......

If i want airvideo to work on tvOS on my atv4 I need to update to the latest version of the server software but if I do, my ios devices can no longer remotely connect to my server.

So currently I have to choose which device is more in need of airvideo access.

The new ios app update will fix this?

#26 RXDI

RXDI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationTampa

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:41 PM

Can I confirm that the latest update when approved by apple will fix the problem I have?......

If i want airvideo to work on tvOS on my atv4 I need to update to the latest version of the server software but if I do, my ios devices can no longer remotely connect to my server.

So currently I have to choose which device is more in need of airvideo access.

The new ios app update will fix this?

Yes, the new ios app update will fix this.

I am in the same boat. I have 30 people that connect to my server remotely, so I cant upgrade to 2.2.1 until the new client comes out. Only 5 people have the new ATV4 so I must wait for the new client.

Counting the minutes.... I really wanna try the ATV app.

• Adamantium likes this

#27 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2579 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 02:24 AM

It was submitted 6 days ago. There's no way of knowing how long will it take to review the app. The tvOS update was approved in a day - it looks like there are different teams approving tvOS and iOS apps.

#28 Adamantium

Adamantium

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:15 AM

Thanks for confirming, I'm in the same boat exactly except that I saw I had an earlier server version in my downloads folder and merely switch between them depending on remote access requirements.

The atv set up is fantastic. It's the atv4 itself that is buggy. Someone tell me, if you accidentally select German as the language on the very first page, how do you change your mind without going through the entire set up process! I do don't manage but luckily guessed my way through the menus occasionally with the help of google translate!

Anyway, six days and counting, come on Apple!

#29 Gambit

Gambit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:17 PM

First of all: the Air Video App was th first app I bought on my ATV4  :)  because I use it on my iPhone and iPad since years.

But there is one very important thing missing (or I didn't find it)! How can I download videos to my ATV4?

I do not want to run my PC all the time so I downloaded the files to my ipad in the past. But now with the new ATV4 I miss this function!

Where can i find this function? Or can you add it?

Because without this the App is useless for me! (At the moment I continue downloading the videos to my iPad and stream them to the ATV4. :(

#30 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2579 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:50 PM

Hi,

download was not really planned, it can be added of course if there is enough demand.

#31 Gambit

Gambit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:54 PM

Thanks! :)

Would be great, because for me its (one of) the main reason(s) for the app!

#32 pilif

pilif

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:01 PM

1) Air Video Server HD 2.2.0 and 2.2.1 for OS X will not be able to auto-update. This is fixed in 2.2.1u1, but if you already updated to 2.2.0 or 2.2.1 you'll have to update to 2.2.1u1 manually.

fun fact: Just yesterday we've accidentally deployed an update to an oder application recompiled in Xcode7 and we too were missing the HTTP entitlement :-)

#33 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2579 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:06 PM

fun fact: Just yesterday we've accidentally deployed an update to an oder application recompiled in Xcode7 and we too were missing the HTTP entitlement :-)

Yeah... I actually expected S3 to have SHA256 certificates already (they should have deployed them last month), but that didn't happen. Anyway, should have tested it.

#34 sunk818

sunk818

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:33 PM

noticing after upgrade to 2.2.1 my mini ipad keeps cutting out on the wifi at random times. didn't happen with 2.1.3

#35 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2579 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 09:27 PM

What do you mean by cutting out on the WiFi? Does it lose the wireless network? Neither Air Video (client) nor the server can affect that in any way. That could be a router issue. Something like this is way too low-level for any app to affect.

#36 Maiisoh

Maiisoh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 02:07 AM

Just updated to your new server. All my video files (over 3000) are formatted in the MKV format.  Now when I try to play a video on my iPad or iPhone, I get a message that Air Video Server HD is missing codec: DTS and I get a message on the server saying "You seem to have tried to play file that is currently not recognizable by Air Video Server HD.  This can most likely be resolved with just a few clicks by installing some additional software.  Do you want to download it now?  When I click "Yes", it takes me to a message that says "Air Video HD uses system codecs to decode your videos. If you get missing codec error, it most likely means that the particular decoder is not present on your computer. In most cases, doing the following will resolve the situation:

On Windows

Either install VLC 2.1 (64bit version for 64bit server) or additional DirectShow filters.

I already have a newer version of VLC on the computer but clicked on it anyway which reinstalls VLC 2.2.0 again but still can't play the videos on either iPhone or iPad.  This was not a problem before the upgrade.  Everything played fine before.  What do I need to do to get everything to work again.  Not really too happy at this time.  I'm NOT going to convert all my videos to an inferior format just so that they will work with Air Video HD.

#37 Maiisoh

Maiisoh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 02:17 AM

Your little pop up window with the link to VLC 2.1 is outdated.  Did some researching and found that VLC 2.2.1 is the most recent version of 32 bit VLC.  I downloaded and installed it and now everything is working perfectly even though I'm running a 64 bit system.  Maybe you need to update your pop up window to direct people to the latest version of VLC.

#38 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2579 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 12:20 PM

It should take you to the appropriate version of VLC. I'll doublecheck if it really does.

#39 manwithaplan

manwithaplan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 06:46 PM

It was submitted 6 days ago. There's no way of knowing how long will it take to review the app. The tvOS update was approved in a day - it looks like there are different teams approving tvOS and iOS apps.

And now as of this morning, Apple have finally released it!  installed it and tested and all works well now from iPhones/iPads as well as the tvOS app...on the latest Server version...perfect!!!

#40 Rakii

Rakii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:45 PM

Well, I really hoped this would go smooth, but as per usual, we did mess something up. 

1) Air Video Server HD 2.2.0 and 2.2.1 for OS X will not be able to auto-update. This is fixed in 2.2.1u1, but if you already updated to 2.2.0 or 2.2.1 you'll have to update to 2.2.1u1 manually.

2) Resolving through Server PIN will not work for some users. Unfortunately this one needs to be fixed in client update. The update has already been submitted to Apple and I asked for expedited review, but there's no way of knowing if it will be granted. If this affects you, it is possible to downgrade the server to 2.1.4 ( OSX, Win32, Win64 ) until the update gets approved.

Still having problems connecting to my server. Using 2.2.1 server version and 2.1.3 client version.

It just say inaccessable from the internet, when I try to verify. It doesnt work locally either.

Ive tried downgrading to 2.1.4 server version, and ive rebooted all routers, both local and dsl in my home.

This is my verify string:

ServerId=42d381f0f402e451febb6fd0d9bc3f59ae04d428

Any good ideas or tips you can throw my way? I can send you my logs if thats helpfull in anyway.

Edit:

Problem went away, after.. wait for it.. I startede up my plex server on my PC for some reason. Cant explain it, just glad its working again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users