• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 heathen3017

heathen3017

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 02:00 PM

I already have a large collection spread among multiple discs. I initially put them in iTunes to sync them with my iPhone. However, adding folders from multiple discs is a pain. It only gets worse if/when I were to add another. In iTunes, I can simply drag/drop the files onto the app and it's location is then tracked by iTunes automatically.  Also, if we could simply point the server software were to utilize the iTunes DB, it will be much easier to deal with when you open a TV show under the "location" of TVShowName -> Season 2 when Season 2 has episodes scattered amongst multiple drives.

#2 heathen3017

heathen3017

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:40 PM

Please add this functionality. It only requires you to read the iTunes Library.xml file, and the newly added feature of merged folders is MUCH better than before, but still has some great deficiencies, especially when you have multiple seasons or even episodes within a season on multiple drives. For instance, If I have Simpsons Season 1 on drive A, and Simpons Season 2 on drive B, both within a TV Shows directory, you will wind up with 2 separate Simpons directories (reflecting one for each drive) within the merged TV Shows directory. Also, it would allow for the display of metadata information names instead of the actual file names (I REALLY would rather not see FILENAME YEARXXX.mp4, etc....)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users