• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zalor71

Zalor71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 10:19 AM

In my case, I have too much data to store on one drive. I organize the files via windows' libraries. I cannot add the libraries to Air Video Server HD shared folders list. So I must add the individual folders manually. This makes it difficult for me to find the video files I am looking for because now instead of one folder, I have several to browse through.

Possible solutions would be to add support for libraries, or add the ability to merge/organize folders and have the server remember the path to the files. Of course, another solution would be for me to RAID my drives, but I don't have the capability to do that right now. Other people might not have the money to do that. Adding this feature would be great for people that use libraries and even some people that don't.

Thank you in advance! Great product!

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 10:37 AM

Hi,

in next server updates we will support merging shares. So if you share multiple folders and let them have same "Display Name" (you can edit display name by doubleclicking on it), they will be displayed as one folder (with their content merged). Would this help you?

#3 Zalor71

Zalor71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:16 PM

I believe it will! Thanks!

#4 heathen3017

heathen3017

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:42 PM

The newly added feature of merged folders is MUCH better than before, but still has some great deficiencies, especially when you have multiple seasons or even episodes within a season on multiple drives. For instance, If I have Simpsons Season 1 on drive A, and Simpons Season 2 on drive B, both within a TV Shows directory, you will wind up with 2 separate Simpons directories (reflecting one for each drive) within the merged TV Shows directory.

#5 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 01:57 AM

I was thinking about this. Maybe we could do some kind of deep merging, although it could be tricky to implement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users