• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#161 Poweredition

Poweredition

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:40 AM

+1, i get the  Apple TV 4, now i need your app too, let it not be a dream! early access feature, yes! and now Apple TV 4 App, let me pay for it. Thanks for your work!

THANKS !!! I buy it, thanks for all hard work! I read the new forum and now great monday in germany!

#162 NSBrad

NSBrad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:01 AM

You need to enable settings synchronization on other devices (it is not on by default), log in to same user account and the settings should get replicated. You can mark video as new by long-tapping the touchpad. There's currently no way to mark it as seen apart from watching it and seeking to end, maybe there could be option for it as well. There is a bug in current iOS client when watched video state doesn't sometimes replicate properly, it should be fixed as soon as Apple approves update.

I'd love a mark as read option so that I could easily go through an mark everything that I watched pre-air video on AppleTV.  Doing it server side on my mac would be fine.  Might actually be easier for selection multiple items at once to mark.  

#163 Guest_Ray_*

Guest_Ray_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:48 PM

My old ATV3 is a dumb box... now, wow! Thanks, this app is amazing! I'm sure more features will come for TV specific (and also make use of Siri), but great job!

#164 Guest_Darknyt_*

Guest_Darknyt_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:52 PM

It should work same as with current client

Yes.

When transcoding is performed you can chose bitrate (you can chose different bitrates for local network and for streaming over internet) 

where is this option on the apple tv to choose different bitrates?

#165 Guest_Darknyt_*

Guest_Darknyt_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:32 PM

where is this option on the apple tv to choose different bitrates?

Okay, I found the option to force conversion for a file, and set the bit rate when doing so.

Follow-up question - why is the bit rate maximum set at 20Mbits? I have numerous files that are at full blu-ray bitrate which is quite a bit higher?

Bottom line - this is an awesome app and myself and several family members are looking at this to replace our WDTV for streaming.

Now I need to figure out the audio format support - all surround files are showing as "multi-in" on my Denon so far.

#166 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 02:05 PM

If the files are H.264 the bitrate doesn't really matter (unless you force conversion for some reason) as the original video stream is preserved regardless of bitrate. When transcoded (i.e. with VC1 original stream) the 20mbit/s seems to be transparent for files I've tested it with, the bluray bitrates are a bit overkill for most cases.

#167 Guest_New_*

Guest_New_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:15 AM

i get the  new Apple TV, now i need your app too

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users