• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 krause28

krause28

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:29 PM

OK.  So I always wished there was a solution to use Airvideo HD on the macbook air.  Meaning that I would like to play the movies on my imac through Airvideo instead of watching the movie on my iphone 6.  I still wish that they could develop an app like that.  I had tried this in the past but it did not work, so I did not buy it, but now it seems to work great.  

1)  Install Airserver on your macbook

2)  Start Airvideo HD on your phone, ipad, etc...

3)  Select your macbook under airplay, and you can play your movies.  It even lets you pause or slide to fast forward/rewind.

Why would you do this?  So you have a bigger screen.  Again if the awesome folks at inmethod could create a App this would eliminate this extra step of starting the moving on your device.  I put all move movies on my main iMac, and it would be great just to be able to open the app when away from the house to watch a movie on my server.  But this is an option.  

• Larestads likes this

#2 macman104

macman104

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:28 AM

I tried this, and I get an "Unsupported URL" error on my mac. Are you streaming remotely or locally? I am trying remotely and that is the error I get.

#3 kfagoora

kfagoora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:03 PM

Does this setup stream smoothly? In my experience, AirPlay video streaming playback tends to be very choppy.

#4 airvideohdserver

airvideohdserver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 12:48 PM

AirServer works great ! Earlier versions had issues but the current one works flawlessly. This is a local solution only (iOS device and Mac need to be on the same network-wifi).

If your video has issues playing (not starting, stutters, green screen) while AirPlaying to an AirServer Mac, enable 'force de-interlace' in the AirVideoHD app settings (during playback, Video/Force DeInterlacing)

😜

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users