• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chrishigh

chrishigh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 03:48 AM

I bought into the new feature bundle as soon as it came out, so I could start playing to my downstairs tv Chromecast. It worked fine, right away. As expected I didn't use the feature MUCH, but I'm disappointed that tonight I don't seem to be able to use it at all.

1. Started with my iPad, which is running iOS 9 Beta
  2. AirvideoHD runs fine on the iPad
  3. When I send to Chromecast, the TV displays the movie title in the corner, knows how long it is and the scrubber position, but says "LOADING" and nothing ever appears. Eventually after a couple minutes the iPad says the video failed to load

Troubleshooting steps taken

1. Tried switching to other movie files - MKV, MP4... no fix. Titles onscreen swap immediately but never any video.
  2. Reboot the Chromecast, no fix
  3. Reboot the PC and iPad, no fix. Playback on iPad & Apple TV still fine, but can't Cast
  4. Thought maybe it was an iOS 9 beta problem, switched to my iPhone 6 running the latest 8.x. No fix.
  5. Checked for AirVideo desktop update - installed the latest Beta. No fix.
  6. Tried reducing my conversion bitrate to inexcusable levels. No fix.
  7. Tried sending a Youtube app video from my phone to Chromecast - worked fine.

There's nothing else I can think to try. All I ever get for any movie is this (pictured).

QkYsISQ.jpg

• truddyFresy and Danielmn like this

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 05:19 AM

Do you have any third party firewall or other security software installed on your computer? This looks like Chromecast is unable to connect to the computer to get video data.

#3 chrishigh

chrishigh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 02:09 PM

Nope, just the built-in protection offered by Windows 8.1. I don't have any sneaky Mcafee, Norton etc. I have a very new, powerful router too - a 3-pronged Netgear R6700. Anything in router setting I need to identify?

#4 rpm161

rpm161

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 02:12 PM

Do you have any third party firewall or other security software installed on your computer? This looks like Chromecast is unable to connect to the computer to get video data.

Does this infer that the Chromecasting feature only works if the server, iOS device, and chromecast are on the same LAN? Or should it work over the Internet as well?

#5 rpm161

rpm161

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:00 PM

Does this infer that the Chromecasting feature only works if the server, iOS device, and chromecast are on the same LAN? Or should it work over the Internet as well?

Sorry, should've searched harder, I see Chromecasting should work over "remote wifi" with the latest server & client w/early access.

I have the latest client (w/early access) and server versions installed, no firewalls or special firewall software, and can view videos on my iPad via Remote Wifi. I can convert&download videos to my iPad and Chromecast them successfully. However, when attempting to Chromecast with remote wifi, I'm having no luck. The TV screen goes black and briefly displays the video title and time, and the iPad app just says "loading" indefinitely, similar to the OP. Suggestions? I've restarted everything already.

#6 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:52 PM

I'll try to reproduce this when I get back to the office. It should indeed work over remote WiFi after latest update.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chromecast

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users