I bought into the new feature bundle as soon as it came out, so I could start playing to my downstairs tv Chromecast. It worked fine, right away. As expected I didn't use the feature MUCH, but I'm disappointed that tonight I don't seem to be able to use it at all.
- Started with my iPad, which is running iOS 9 Beta
- AirvideoHD runs fine on the iPad
- When I send to Chromecast, the TV displays the movie title in the corner, knows how long it is and the scrubber position, but says "LOADING" and nothing ever appears. Eventually after a couple minutes the iPad says the video failed to load
Troubleshooting steps taken
- Tried switching to other movie files - MKV, MP4... no fix. Titles onscreen swap immediately but never any video.
- Reboot the Chromecast, no fix
- Reboot the PC and iPad, no fix. Playback on iPad & Apple TV still fine, but can't Cast
- Thought maybe it was an iOS 9 beta problem, switched to my iPhone 6 running the latest 8.x. No fix.
- Checked for AirVideo desktop update - installed the latest Beta. No fix.
- Tried reducing my conversion bitrate to inexcusable levels. No fix.
- Tried sending a Youtube app video from my phone to Chromecast - worked fine.
There's nothing else I can think to try. All I ever get for any movie is this (pictured).