• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jaruzek

jaruzek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:45 PM

I would love to be able to stream MP3s from whatever folders, and would LOVE to see music support with iTunes if ever possible.

I'm using a Chromecast right now and am holding off on buying an Apple TV until the next one drops, so I'm a little stuck playing music in my living room.

Awesome product, by the way. Finally a reason to throw out my Boxee Box :)

#2 davemchine

davemchine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:20 AM

I would like to 2nd this request. AudioTap has done the job in the past but it isn't supported any longer and it doesn't work with the latest iTunes. 

#3 skippyfx

skippyfx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 08:16 PM

+1 Totally agree. I'm a bit surprised that audio only files aren't accessible through the app at all.

#4 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 12:09 AM

Well, audio needs to be treated completely differently than video. To do it right it would almost mean adding another app in Air Video. I'm not saying it won't happen, it's just that video is bigger priority right now and we still have work to do there.

#5 NMBob

NMBob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 02:47 PM

I'd like to see it support audio files that are set up totally independently from iTunes just the way the video files are. A library folder with a folder for each artist, then a folder for each album. Just a couple options. Play in order, or shuffle play the folder you are in (album, artist or library). If there's album art then show it. If you want playlists make a "party" folder on the server and Option-Command individual tracks or whole folders into that folder yourself. No searching or filtering or anything complicated. Just something simple that works as well as AV. Can you tell I'm not talking about iTunes? :)

#6 max

max

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:10 AM

For right now you all can use Qloud Media if you want that is what I do.

#7 airvideohdserver

airvideohdserver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 12:22 PM

That would be awesome! To have a built-in audio player BUT be independent/separate from iTunes (just like it was mentioned before, to look for a music directory all organized by artist, album, etc - with cover art of course!). One app for your media..photos next maybe? 🎉😜👍

#8 kevin.s.i.

kevin.s.i.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:47 AM

+1 for iTunes support!

#9 treshijos

treshijos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:39 PM

Count me in here too!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: audio, mp3, aac, itunes, music, chromecast

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users