• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 injimmy

injimmy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:35 PM

Is it possible to have a DVD ROM to be set up as a folder to examine for files to play.

i.e. I have some mp4 files burned onto a DVD ROM that I'd like to be able to play on AirVideo without having to change the folder examined under the preferences file.

Is this possible?

Many thanks,

Jimmy

• Josephhink likes this

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:43 PM

You should be able to share the DVD drive in Air Video Server HD settings.

#3 injimmy

injimmy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:49 PM

I know I can share the drive when it mounted as the name of the drive.  e.g., in my current case '/Volumes/The Block S10 D6', but my idea scenario is that the DVD drive is shared and whenever a new DVD is put in, the contents of that are shared as well.   Currently, if I eject that disc, and put in a new one, '/Volumes/The Block S10 D5' I would need to share that as well under preferences.

I really want a way of saying "share whatever disc is currently mounted, and when that is ejected and a new one is put in share that one as instead."

Is there any way of doing this, or is it a possibility for a new feature if it's not there?

Many thanks,

Jimmy

#4 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:50 PM

I see. This is not possible at the moment, but perhaps you could share entire /Volumes folder?

#5 injimmy

injimmy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:59 PM

I managed to do this, but had to do it indirectly as there seemed to be no way of adding /Volumes to the shared folders menu.  I had to create a symbolic link in my home directory that pointed to /Volumes and then add ~/Volumes to the shared folders and it works.  Ideally I'd not like to share the whole of the rest, but I certainly get work around the problem this way.

Thanks for your reply.

Jimmy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users