42 replies to this topic

#21 Jimm7

Jimm7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:25 PM

Hi,

that looks like a Bonjour issue. Have you tried restarting the router as well? With the introduction of discoveryd the bonjour reliability has really gone downhill.

Is chromecast only limited to local network? With my iphone 6 i can cast to my chromecast at home. I tested at my sister house who also got chromecast, it connects to her chromecast but when playin a file it says Playback failed for "file name" Media failed to load. I can play it on my device good and when i cast it at home it doesnt give any problems.

#22 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:51 PM

It could be actually. We encrypt the files when playing over remote network, that could be problem when playing on chromecast. I'll look into it.

#23 shivnz

shivnz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:09 PM

three questions about this new early access system...

1: is it a one-off fee to have access to all new features as they're created, or will we be paying money for every new individual feature you come up with?

2: can you categorically promise that current features won't be removed from the app, and brought back as paid 'Early Access' features, under the guise of 'improved new version' of said feature?

3: does this mean that any new updates/fixes to the CORE of the app (behind the scenes improvements in reliability, speed, patches correcting problems) will only be available through Early Access, meaning essentially that improvements to the current app on its own have now effectively ceased?

#24 Jimm7

Jimm7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:41 PM

It could be actually. We encrypt the files when playing over remote network, that could be problem when playing on chromecast. I'll look into it.

Please do so that would be great! Apple tv is working on remote network so enabling this for chromecast wouldnt be that big a problem?

#25 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:21 PM

three questions about this new early access system...

1: is it a one-off fee to have access to all new features as they're created, or will we be paying money for every new individual feature you come up with?

2: can you categorically promise that current features won't be removed from the app, and brought back as paid 'Early Access' features, under the guise of 'improved new version' of said feature?

3: does this mean that any new updates/fixes to the CORE of the app (behind the scenes improvements in reliability, speed, patches correcting problems) will only be available through Early Access, meaning essentially that improvements to the current app on its own have now effectively ceased?

1) Current decision is for current early access purchase to also cover future early access features. 

2) Why on earth would we want to do that? That would be really shady thing to do.

3) What gave you that impression? We did lot of improvements recently (hardware accelerated transcoding, iframe playlists for scrubbing on apple tv, better directshow compatibility) that are available outside early access. Early access is meant as a way to temporarily monetize certain new features. it has nothing to do with bugfixes or general improvements.

#26 minimingus

minimingus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:09 PM

Hi,

Just purchased early access features - scrubbing is great,
How can i use casting? I see no related UI element during playback, am i missing something?

#27 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:40 PM

You should see Chromecast icon on bottom left corner of the screen (right next to volume bar).

#28 -BA-

-BA-

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:17 PM

Ihave been testing this as I bought a second CC to take away when I travel for work. I have a travel router (D-Link DIR-510L) that is my central hub. I tested it today at home by connecting my travel router to my iPhone 4G and then the CC to the travel router's WiFi. Plex pulls files fine from my home NAS but Air Video tries to play them but fails at the final hurdle with the Media Failed... message. Air Video is my preferred player so a fix for this would be superb :)

#29 njosic

njosic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 07:30 PM

Hello.

I am an avid Air Video user.  I have used the app for many years and absolutely love it.  Recently I paid for the early access feature (Air Video HD) because I bought a new Sony Bravia UHD tv with built in Chromecast.  I also bought a Samsung sound bar which is hooked up via an optical cable.  I am streaming video from my cpu, over a local network.

I can stream the video with no problems to the Sony Bravia, but am unable to get sound to work.  I know the network is all setup fine as I can "cast" from my pc and it has sound, but unfortunately do not have sound when casting from Air Video.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

#30 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:14 PM

We hard this reported for certain google cast devices that seem to be incompatible with "regular" Chromecast. I have one such device ordered and plan to look into it as soon as it arrives.

#31 njosic

njosic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 04:16 PM

If I purchased a Googlecast device would that work with the early access?

#32 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:05 AM

Yes, but on some devices (not original Chromecast) we had reports of missing audio.

#33 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:58 PM

Good news, I got Google Nexus and was able to reproduce the problem with missing audio. Will be fixed in next server update.

• perfecblue likes this

#34 el_Capitan

el_Capitan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 02:53 PM

Admin...

Is there any plans to update the early access features. I mean are you planning to intro new features we can try out before they become general release?

#35 treshijos

treshijos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:46 PM

Good news, I got Google Nexus and was able to reproduce the problem with missing audio. Will be fixed in next server update.

Any news on this if this has been applied.  I am still having problem with audio on Chromecast.  Videos are perfect, just no sound :(

#36 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:36 PM

Which server version? It should work with 2.2.3 and newer

http://forums.inmeth...beta1-released/

#37 usahale

usahale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:04 AM

I know this thread is stale but the only problem I'm having is with Early Access. I recently purchased a Sony TV and purchased the Early Access on my iPhone. Instantly Chromecast worked!! My problem occurred when I tried to Restore Purchases on my iPad. I'm getting a Restoring Failed response. I've deleted/reinstalled the app, rebooted the iPad, logged out and back into the iTunes Store. Same message. Any suggestions?

#38 usahale

usahale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:25 AM

I know this thread is stale but the only problem I'm having is with Early Access. I recently purchased a Sony TV and purchased the Early Access on my iPhone. Instantly Chromecast worked!! My problem occurred when I tried to Restore Purchases on my iPad. I'm getting a Restoring Failed response. I've deleted/reinstalled the app, rebooted the iPad, logged out and back into the iTunes Store. Same message. Any suggestions?

I logged out and Back into the iTunes Store again tonight and all is OK. Maybe it takes some time for Apple to register and sync.

Love, love, love your app. Been using it for ages.

#39 aitte

aitte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:26 AM

Okay so it has been 2 years since "Early Access" was meant to give early access to scrubbing + chromecast before those features were going to be added to the main app.

It's clearly not Early Access. Why not just rebrand it? It's Addon Features.

I support you rebranding the whole thing as some sort of addon pack.

Better for sales too, since some people have expected the Early Access features to come to normal Air Video HD and never bought the early access.

#40 RXDI

RXDI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationTampa

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:40 PM

Okay so it has been 2 years since "Early Access" was meant to give early access to scrubbing + chromecast before those features were going to be added to the main app.

It's clearly not Early Access. Why not just rebrand it? It's Addon Features.

I support you rebranding the whole thing as some sort of addon pack.

Better for sales too, since some people have expected the Early Access features to come to normal Air Video HD and never bought the early access.

I'm afraid they have given up on Air Video entirely and moved onto other projects. No posts or updates in ages. Very sad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users