• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 kronusdark

kronusdark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:34 PM

Instabuy, I love AirVideo HD and I am happy to chuck another $2 your way. Please keep up the good work.

Also, I am hoping for an Apple TV App once the rumored ATV SDK drops :)

• truddyFresy, HoustonEt and chrystalpq69 like this

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2572 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:51 PM

Thank you for your support! :)

Feedback on new features is very welcome as well. Scrubbing preview was rather tricky to implement and can be quite sensitive on wireless performance and source harddrive latency, so I'm rather curious if the performance is decent enough. Even on bad network though it should be significantly faster than doing actual seek and buffering the video.

#3 kronusdark

kronusdark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 04:53 PM

I have a pretty fast WiFi network, and it runs well here. I will try it from work on Monday, its a bit slower there.

#4 josehon

josehon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:31 PM

Great work... I bought the feature as well.   I know my wife would love the instant preview feature.

Setup:

Air Video Server HD version 2.1.3 on Fedora 20 64bit Linux

WiFi: N and AC network

Devices: iPhone 6+, iPad 2, iPhone 4, Apple TV

#5 Danny

Danny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:02 PM

just bought it too - $1.99  to continue to support this fabulous company of amazing software. Easy.

Well done InMethod

#6 marco

marco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:38 PM

Bought it too, and Chromecast support is amazing! Now my life is complete  :D It plays local videos so much smoother than the Chrome extension.

Also, thanks for allowing us to try the feature with a watermark before purchasing it. Classy  B)

#7 kebbin

kebbin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:42 PM

Chromecast support! Everything works great but anyone having problems casting downloaded files? I noticed any files downloaded prior to the update doesnt work but if I delete and redownload it casts fine. Not a big deal but just an fyi.

Thanks!

#8 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2572 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:26 AM

kebbin, I'll look into it and will try to reproduce the problem. Thanks for the report.

#9 k4rst3n

k4rst3n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:04 PM

Just joined to say awesome work! AV is one of my favorite apps ever and this preview thing is so worth the extra payment. As you wrote, it's the only way for you guys to get more money to able to work adding new features to it.

Me and my girl live in different cities so whenever I'm at her place I stream all my movies/series from my home computer over the internet to her AppleTV and it just always works.

Keep up the good work AV team, can't live without this app! :)

#10 Thunderbyte

Thunderbyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:04 PM

Happy to have paid the 2€ as well. AV HD is my most used app on my iPad.

The Chromecast support of AV HD might be the ONLY reason for me to buy a Chromecast after all. A 35€ possibility to bring AV to every screen available. Amazing!

#11 WST1

WST1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:40 PM

Bought it. Happy to support and it's a great feature :-)

#12 abat119

abat119

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:31 PM

Just bought it as well. Even though I don't really use these features - I love the idea of supporting the app for continual development :D

#13 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2572 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:34 PM

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the support! abat119, any time you seek you'll use scrubbing preview, there's no way to avoid it unless you turn early access off completely :)

#14 trek604

trek604

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:26 PM

Perhaps I'm blind but where in the app is the option to purchase this?

#15 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2572 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:27 PM

Once you connect to server, you should see Early Access option in main menu. You can enable it, and if you like what it does, purchase it :).

#16 trek604

trek604

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:29 PM

Done. Thank you for your hard work on this excellent app.

#17 Jimm7

Jimm7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:46 PM

Early acces is a realy nice feature! bought it instantly for the Chromecast support. Seek preview is also a nice options but less important for me.

After i updated av hd client and the server chromecast didnt work after i rebooted my iphone. Chromecast support works nice on my iphone 6, but on my ipad air i get the chromecast options when playing a video, but when i press it it says device not found. And on my iphone 6 it works great. I also rebooted my ipad and the chromecast but still no luck

#18 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2572 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:23 AM

Hi,

that looks like a Bonjour issue. Have you tried restarting the router as well? With the introduction of discoveryd the bonjour reliability has really gone downhill.

#19 Daniel Livingston

Daniel Livingston

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:45 PM

The scrubbing is fantastic on my N network from a simple i3 server with 5400 rpm drives, even full 1080p to my iPad Air. That's ridiculously cool.

#20 WST1

WST1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:55 PM

I concur. It's magical. I've been trying it for a while and scrubbing is really smooth. I scrub sometimes just for the fun of it :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users