Hello! I bought the app a few days ago after coming back to iOS, I used to use the old one, but this new design looks much prettier
I have a few suggestions that, I think, are very easy to implement and would greatly smooth the use of the app.
I've been searching and I know some of these have been suggested in the past, but anyway:
- Enter directly to the first shared computer, or at least do it if there's only one. I mean, it's one useless tap right?
- Option to autoplay when opening a video. That's another useless tap.
- Dark mode, please, just swap the white
- Global "do not show" subtitles option. Can kinda skip it changing prefered languages, so not a huge issue in any way.
- Personalize the position for the subtitles (height). Maybe it's just me, but they feel too low. I know when burned they show over the video, but that implies server processing.
- Gestures to skip 10s/30s (swipe with one finger for 10s, or both for 30s), or at least a button for 10s. Tap with two fingers to pause, or keep the play/pause button on the center of the video a la youtube? It would fit the first press to play button.
- The option to collapse "Nxr's iPad" and "Other"? I know I'm not touching those ever.
- Don't discriminate common words as 'the' or 'a' for sorting. Just because it's really unusual.
- Maybe remove the playback controls UI background? Or make it like the default ones, with a white background, or a gray similar to the sidebar. Now it has an almost transparent gray in no man's land.
I know how working in software is, and how easy it is for other people to cry for features, but I thought I'd throw my suggestions in there anyway.
I appreciate the app and am sticking to it for sure though. Cheers!