• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nxr

nxr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:46 PM

Hello! I bought the app a few days ago after coming back to iOS, I used to use the old one, but this new design looks much prettier :)

I have a few suggestions that, I think, are very easy to implement and would greatly smooth the use of the app.

I've been searching and I know some of these have been suggested in the past, but anyway:

- Enter directly to the first shared computer, or at least do it if there's only one. I mean, it's one useless tap right?

- Option to autoplay when opening a video. That's another useless tap.

- Dark mode, please, just swap the white :(

- Global "do not show" subtitles option. Can kinda skip it changing prefered languages, so not a huge issue in any way.

- Personalize the position for the subtitles (height). Maybe it's just me, but they feel too low. I know when burned they show over the video, but that implies server processing.

- Gestures to skip 10s/30s (swipe with one finger for 10s, or both for 30s), or at least a button for 10s. Tap with two fingers to pause, or keep the play/pause button on the center of the video a la youtube? It would fit the first press to play button.

- The option to collapse "Nxr's iPad" and "Other"? I know I'm not touching those ever.

- Don't discriminate common words as 'the' or 'a' for sorting. Just because it's really unusual.

- Maybe remove the playback controls UI background? Or make it like the default ones, with a white background, or a gray similar to the sidebar. Now it has an almost transparent gray in no man's land.

I know how working in software is, and how easy it is for other people to cry for features, but I thought I'd throw my suggestions in there anyway.

I appreciate the app and am sticking to it for sure though. Cheers!

• Shrimpyaab and brickwindow like this

#2 ufomongo

ufomongo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:24 PM

My god no, don't change skip seconds to swiping. If so, keep the buttons.

#3 Shrimpyaab

Shrimpyaab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:43 PM

+1 Dark mode

+1 Global subtitles off

+1 More options for skip buttons

+1 Autoplay. It's annoying tapping twice

Just figured out about the preferred language so that fixed the subtitles annoyance for me.

That setting should be in the main settings. 

Edited by Shrimpyaab, 05 June 2015 - 08:34 AM.

#4 brickwindow

brickwindow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 12:29 AM

So much yes to these. I'm disappointed and confused by the decision to enable subtitles by default. It seems like either an oversight, or just bad design. The dark mode would be great, but that's definitely more of a nice to have. I wish there were a more compact list view for larger libraries as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users