Photo

Can not fast forward/rewind or seek any more?

seek time skip

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 shivnz

shivnz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:51 AM

It used to work fine, but since I either updated the player, or the server (I've done both recently), I can no longer use the buttons to either fast forward or rewind.  I also cant manually seek using the timeline, the video just gets stuck on 'loading' UNTIL i close the video and then resume playing, and then the player very promptly begins playback from the spot i selected on the seek bar.  Any one have any ideas or run into something similar?

• truddyFresy likes this

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:24 AM

This definitely seems like a bug. Please send the logs from Air Video Server HD (Create Archive from Logs) to support(at)inmethod.com and I'll take a look. Does this happen with all your files? With or without subtitles enabled?

#3 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:38 AM

Also, if anyone else is having problems with seeking after latest server update I'd like to know about it. The server contains workaround for some iOS Media Player bugs that in theory could cause seeking problems. I have tested this with lot of files though and with all kinds of devices and did not experience any problems. But it is very possible that I missed something.

#4 shivnz

shivnz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:51 PM

im having this problem with all files i've tested, even what i would expect to be even the most simplist ones... some straight up mp4 files with no additional subtitles or audio streams, at relatively low resolutions. I've found that if i skip forward a minute or so on the seek bar it works ok, but anything more and I run into problems.  Ive found i can use the 'slow' skip button FORWARD and it works, as do the + and -30 skip buttons, but the medium forward will not work, and the slow and medium rewind buttons refuses to work for me.  This is a nightmare.  I must have been previously running an old server, because I have to go all the way back to 2.0.3 for things to work correctly again...  Have sent an email with the files, I hope they give some insight.

#5 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:37 PM

If anyone else is having problems like this please try this server version and let me know if it works for you (Windows x64 only, if you need 32bit Windows or OS X let me know)

https://s3.amazonaws...2-beta1-x64.exe

#6 shivnz

shivnz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:27 PM

RE: your emails, yes I am still using ios7.. im running on an older ipad, and ive seen that ios updates seem to make older hardware run slower so I have not updated and do not plan to.

but anyway, I have installed the new server, and the problem now seems to be gone.  Everything currently appears to be working as it should be, so thank you very much.

#7 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:15 AM

Thanks for the follow-up. The fix will be included in next server update.

#8 Domifuling

Domifuling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:13 PM

I'm still having the same problem as described above. I've tried the beta you mentioned above and it didn't solve the problem, neither did the automatic update I did today.

From what I can see, as soon as I try fast forward, the AirVideoUI.exe process will hog one CPU core (I have 4 and it will constantly hog 1 as it remains in 25% CPU usage) even if I close the app on my iPhone. It will remain like this until I close AirVideo. If I start the app again and try to fast forward (or if the screen is frozen) it will hog 1 core more.

#9 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:34 PM

Does regular seeking work? Is it only fast forward that doesn't, or is regular seeking broken as well? Which iOS version do you have installed?

#10 Domifuling

Domifuling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:45 PM

Same if I scroll or use +/-30 secs. Running iOS 8.3. Looking at the Wait Chain for AirVideoServerUI it looks like it's waiting on it self for 15ish threads. Also waiting for on unnumbered thread from ExternalEncoder.exe.

Cant see anything strange in Process Explorer

#11 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:03 PM

Hi,

that doesn't seem right. Can you please start playing new file, seek, and when it locks up, take both the logs from Air Video Server HD (Create Archive from Logs) and take a thread dump (the other button) and send me those to support(at)inmethod.com ? I'll take a look. thanks.

#12 ScifiMacman

ScifiMacman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:15 PM

I too am having this problem.... Rewind/seek not working via Apple TV2 remote control but the -30 secs on the iPad screen/app works ok
It started a week or so ago I think.
I have now updated to your latest server s/w on my Mac in the hope it would fix it but no luck.
So I am now running your latest, recent Mac server (downloaded a day or so ago, around the 4th may 2015) but I think the problem was there before that which is strange!
My iPad (ipad 2, ios 8.13) and Apple Mac mini (latest Mavericks software) are running the latest versions of your App and server for Apple.
I don't know what has changed but frustrating as your app/server solution WAS absolutely perfect/awesome!

If you need something saved/log/etc then you will need to tell me HOW to do that so I can send it to you

#13 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:23 PM

There could be something wrong with iframe playlist generation. Do you get same behavior (scrubbing on Apple TV not working) with all your files? Or is it broken only on some of them? What kind of files are they? (format/codecs)

#14 ScifiMacman

ScifiMacman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:33 AM

There could be something wrong with iframe playlist generation. Do you get same behavior (scrubbing on Apple TV not working) with all your files? Or is it broken only on some of them? What kind of files are they? (format/codecs)

I have been using this for a year or so now, but I don't play around with any code/stuff.... just update when the server or IOS App tells me to....

I am using a multitude of files, AVI, MKV, RMVB, MP4.....  I have just now tested and all 4 have stopped seeking (rewinding...) no-good!

These are ALL collections of tv and films that HAVE played and rewinded in the past.... so i firmly believe that it is NOT due to some new format/codec of video file..... I have just re-tested using old files that worked perfectly before and now do not.

Hope this helps??

I have just checked playing files via 2 different iPads and an iPhone to my AppleTV 2...

I also connected to my MacMini base station to do this, and also to my Macbook.... all give the same results.... no seek/rewind etc.....???

So I don't think it is down to a corruption of just one device... same results whatever combination I try!?

#15 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:03 PM

Hi,

actually, the issue is most likely Apple TV 2. Unlike Apple TV 3, it doesn't get the latest firmware upgrade so it doesn't support iFrame playlists properly. We need to disable iFrame playlist for older firmwares (just like we do on device). It should be fixed in next server update.

#16 ScifiMacman

ScifiMacman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:01 PM

Hi,

actually, the issue is most likely Apple TV 2. Unlike Apple TV 3, it doesn't get the latest firmware upgrade so it doesn't support iFrame playlists properly. We need to disable iFrame playlist for older firmwares (just like we do on device). It should be fixed in next server update.

#17 ScifiMacman

ScifiMacman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:06 PM

Hi Admin, it used to work on my AppleTV 2 with no problems.... So do you think this is a problem with the recent Air server/App update recently??
Will it work if I download and install the older server version??
Can we redownload the OLD server and App until this is resolved? Do you have a link for the old versions of both???
thanks for trying!

#18 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:07 PM

Hi,

it is problem with the recent server. We have added iframe playlist support few versions back. I'm not sure when exactly. I wouldn't recommend downgrading as the latest update fixes lot of other issues. 

Do you have the server installed on Mac or Windows?

#19 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:33 PM

Actually, I see in previous post that you're using Mac. I'll post link to new betaversion soon that you can give it a try.

#20 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:43 PM

ScifiMacman, please let me know if seeking on your Apple TV works with this server version

https://s3.amazonaws...2.1.4-beta1.dmg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: seek, time, skip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users