• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:31 AM

Air Video Server HD  2.1.1-beta1 is available. 

Changes since 2.1.0

• Fixed DirectShow VC1 decoding for streams muxed in MpegTS

• Experimental QuickSync recovery for device failure. 

• Fixed occasional crash with DVD and Bluray subtitles

Download for Mac OS X (universal)

More information about hardware acceleration can be found here.

• truddyFresy likes this

#2 sunk818

sunk818

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:34 AM

Can we have the ability to delete videos from AirServer interface on the remote server? 

#3 whatUwant

whatUwant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:10 PM

I temporarily store some video files on ramdisk. The path is /Volumes/RamDisk

In older versions (for example 2.1.0 beta 3) I can browse the folder and the files can be loaded.

In this new version, when I try to browse the folder, I keep getting this error message "Shared folder not found".

Any ideas?

#4 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:54 PM

Does the problem perists when you remove the share and re-add it again? 

#5 abat119

abat119

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:38 PM

Quick question: where can I download the 64bit verison of 2.1.0? I noticed that you released the 32bit version (albeit without an official announcement... why is that by the way? - just wondering).

Thanks!

#6 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:41 PM

This link should work

https://s3.amazonaws...D-2.1.0-x64.exe

although I'd recommend 2.1.1-beta1 instead.

#7 whatUwant

whatUwant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:54 PM

Does the problem perists when you remove the share and re-add it again? 

Unfortunately it does.

#8 abat119

abat119

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:11 PM

This link should work

https://s3.amazonaws...D-2.1.0-x64.exe

although I'd recommend 2.1.1-beta1 instead.

Thanks! I'll give the new beta a try : - )

#9 Sunrise

Sunrise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:47 PM

Thanks a lot for 2.1.1-beta1. Just came back and did some testing today.

VC-1 in M2TS works flawlessly now, very nice!

I found a problematic HEVC/H.265 file that for some reason won't get parsed correctly (Air Video HD gets stuck on "Loading details..." and times out with a "File analysis took too long" after some time, so no thumbnail and inability to play it back).

Here it is:

http://www.elecard.c.../bbb_1080p_c.ts

There are also some other videos (that are very demanding on the host CPU though, but they seem to have the same problem like the file above):

http://www.elecard.c...oad/videos.html

About the reference frames, can we expect support for that in beta2?

#10 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:13 AM

You mean passthrough with 16 ref frames? we can't affect that on server, it's handled on client.

#11 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:15 AM

I temporarily store some video files on ramdisk. The path is /Volumes/RamDisk

In older versions (for example 2.1.0 beta 3) I can browse the folder and the files can be loaded.

In this new version, when I try to browse the folder, I keep getting this error message "Shared folder not found".

Any ideas?

This is most likely related to change in how we handle stale bookmark data. It seems that OS X handles the bookmark data for your ramdisk as stale. How exactly did you create it? I'll see if i can reproduce it.

#12 Sunrise

Sunrise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:08 AM

You mean passthrough with 16 ref frames? we can't affect that on server, it's handled on client.

Yes, exactly, passthrough (for Download and Direct Playback).

So with next client update?

#13 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:24 PM

Possibly. Regarding the HEVC files. Our current MPEG TS demuxer doesn't recognize the HEVC stream so I've fixed this.

However VLC 2.2 can't seem to be able to decode the stream properly. Also if we feed it to VLC Decoder it doesn't decode all frames. I'm not sure why, it could be also our parser. I'll look into that when I have some more time.

EDIT: It was our parser. The files should work in next server update.

#14 sunk818

sunk818

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:57 AM

VLC 2.2 wouldn't play for me at all... but ffplay played some frames. Seems like ffmpeg is better at decoding than VLC. I can only watch these HEVC videos if I use Daum PotPlayer. PotPlayer may have some hardware support that VLC and AirServer do not have. AirServer HD can't play the HEVC video unless I convert them first to MP4. :(    

#15 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 02:18 AM

The decoder is the same, difference is in demuxer and parser. Next Air Video Server HD version will play the elgato test videos (using decoder from VLC 2.2). 

#16 MjW

MjW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:28 PM

This is a "late to the party" question but I just noticed the "Enable Hardware Accelerated Decoding/Encoding" options.

What are the benefits of those two settings? '

I gave it a try and noticed that conversion was around 20% slower when hardware acceleration was enabled.

#17 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:55 PM

Did you check CPU load? On fast computers the transcoding speed may be slower, but CPU load should be much lower. 

#18 MjW

MjW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:59 AM

Did you check CPU load? On fast computers the transcoding speed may be slower, but CPU load should be much lower. 

Yes you are right. Just checked and CPU load is a lot less. Thanks for the clarification!

#19 Sunrise

Sunrise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:53 PM

I've just found out that in the most recent AppleTV update 7.1 they have re-introduced MBAFF support (and maybe even PAFF). On iOS 8.2 there still is no support (you have to force deinterlacing on the iPhone for them to work). Not sure what Apple's plans are to be honest and why this sudden inconsistency. Maybe it's because of the soon to be announced TV streaming service, where content providers will need more flexibility again, so they re-introduced it.

Also, I've found another file that Air Video HD server doesn't play correctly (there are green frames appearing and the file doesn't play with the correct speed, like it skips some frames), VLC 2.2 and LAV filters play it perfectly fine.

I've uploaded it for you on your mediafire, it's called "Amiga Longplay [023] Apidya.mp4".

#20 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:29 PM

Sunrise, we don't really support H.264 in AVI. Putting H.264 in AVI is a bad idea. The presentation timestamps are missing in such case and our pipeline doesn't currently restore PTS for H.264 (since in *all* other containers the timestamps are present). I'd suggest to remux the file to MKV using mkvtoolnix, after which the file should play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users