• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mwalsh

mwalsh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:57 PM

Having huge problems with mp4s...AV HD player stays stuck on Loading forever. Will play just about everything else I can throw at it just fine, so far as I can tell. Doesn't seem to want to convert them either.

Old Air Video will play these mp4 files just fine, and thankfully I kept the old player on my iPad when I downloaded the new one. And, strangely, if I convert the files in Air Video, then Air Video HD will play the resulting m4v file without any issues. All I can see in the way of differences between the original file and the converted one is the file sized is slightly increased by the conversion and the display resolution gets changed from 720x404 to 720x408.
  • truddyFresy and Josephhink like this

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:21 PM

If possible please upload sample file here

https://www.mediafir...54ce133b8c0cb0b

I'll take a look.

• mwalsh likes this

#3 mwalsh

mwalsh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:16 AM

I figured it out. I needed to change the Passthrough settings for MPEG Audio to "Keep Original". All the files that wouldn't play before now do.

BTW, thanks for providing the ability to sync audio that is slighly off. Once I saw that in the screen shots for the app in the Apps Store, I knew I had to download a copy!

#4 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:34 PM

Mi mwalsh, that definitely does not seem right. The files should play with audio transcoding enabled. It would be really helpful if you could provide a sample file and logs from Air Video Server HD (Create Archive from Logs) so that I can fix this.

• mwalsh likes this

#5 mwalsh

mwalsh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:45 PM

Mi mwalsh, that definitely does not seem right. The files should play with audio transcoding enabled. It would be really helpful if you could provide a sample file and logs from Air Video Server HD (Create Archive from Logs) so that I can fix this.

Will do, a bit later today.

#6 mwalsh

mwalsh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:57 PM

Weird stuff. In preperation for uploading a sample file and my log files, I felt it might be a good idea to give you a fresh set to look at, limited to me trying to play a MP4 file I was having the problems with a couple of days ago, and to do that I had to reset the MPEG Audio Passthrough Settings back to the default from "Keep Original". Well, would you beleive I can no longer replicate the issue I was having at all. Which is great, but also kind of a pity.

So I'm still uploading a sample file, and I'm uploading two sets of log files with a ticket I just created. The first log file is called GOOD_AirVideoServerHDLogs-2015-02-04-20-24-28.zip and contains a set from AFTER I reset the Passthrough Settings back to default. The other file is BAD_AirVideoServerHDLogs-2015-02-04-20-27-24.zip and if you look at the very beggining of each of those applicable files you'll see where I was having problems - I tried to play two MP4 files that wouldn't play at all and then a MKV file that would play without issue. I didn't look at the files to see if there is anyplace it would become evident to you that I'd changed the audio Passthrough Settings, but if it's there I'm sure you'll find it.

My sample file is a MP4 of a Still Open All Hours episode.

• tbminh likes this

#7 xllsargellx

xllsargellx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:04 AM

Any resolution on this? I have over 400 movies in MP4 format and Air Video will not play them unless I am home on the same network. When I am on cellular network it just stays on "loading" and never plays. The old version with the "Play with Live Conversion" never had an issue playing while on cellular network. Please help I love the old app and really want to love the new app but can't at this point.

#8 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:08 AM

I don't think that's the same issue. If your problem persists with latest beta

http://forums.inmeth...r-hd-210-beta3/

please send me the logs from Air Video Server HD (Create Archive from Logs) taken after attempting 3G playback to support (at) innmethod. com 

#9 xllsargellx

xllsargellx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:12 AM

I don't think that's the same issue. If your problem persists with latest beta

http://forums.inmeth...r-hd-210-beta3/

please send me the logs from Air Video Server HD (Create Archive from Logs) taken after attempting 3G playback to support (at) innmethod. com

Will do...been trying for a while over LTE cellular. File will be sent shortly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users