• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DrJ

DrJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:26 AM

Why is the newer HD version of Air Video just so slow with buffering?

For example.  I installed fresh both the HD and old version on the same computer and the client on the same ipad.  Played the exact same video from both.

Old version: Instant playback, even when using the slider it plays at the spot selected instantly.  Every time.

HD Version: 5-10 seconds intial buffer.  Sliding to a new position also takes 5-10 seconds each time.

Unfortunatly I just can't deal with it and have reverted back to the old, non "HD" version of this software.  I have tried every setting possible in the HD version on the server and client and nothing will fix it.  After months of dealing with it now that I know the old version is better at performance I'm just switching back.

This "test" was done without modifying any settings on the client or server for both versions and playing back "direct" with no conversion.

I have seen others on this forum complain about the same thing with no solution.  Old version is just way faster and its not worth the newer look and features for the degraded performance.

• Uexpindy likes this

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:04 PM

For direct playback of MP4 files (no conversion or remuxing) the performance really shouldn't be different. There is Connection Speed test in Air Video HD Settings, what response do you get?

Also, did you manually enable MP4 direct streaming in Air Video HD passthrough settings? Because in latest version it is disabled by default (we remux instead). Do you get different performance with MP4 direct streaming enabled and disabled?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users