43 replies to this topic

#21 macman104

macman104

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:49 PM

I've uploaded a new file chopped according to Sunrise's directions. Let me know if that one works any better, otherwise, I'll arrange to simply provide the whole file (it is 4.8GB though). It's called Ghostbusters4K-Chopped.mkv

#22 sunk818

sunk818

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:29 AM

I'm not aware of any problem that we can fix. If this happens and bonjour is installed, it would most certainly mean w firewall software blocking bonjour socket so that Air Video Server HD can not connect to it.

Well, I am telling you it is a problem and other people on the forum have reported the same issue. If you say all it requires is a port being opened locally, then please provide the instructions so I can try your fix.

#23 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:56 PM

Do you use any third party firewall software? If not, have you ever used it in past? Bonjour installer should automatically configure Windows firewall, but it is possible that this doesn't work for certain third party firewalls. But it is still very weird, since Bonjour is pretty well known service.

#24 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:15 PM

I've uploaded a new file chopped according to Sunrise's directions. Let me know if that one works any better, otherwise, I'll arrange to simply provide the whole file (it is 4.8GB though). It's called Ghostbusters4K-Chopped.mkv

I had a brief look at the first upload. It looks like the SPS has a field with value that is out of range permitted by specification. I need to debug it some more to rule out bug in our parser (given that all other players seem to be able to handle the file).

#25 sunk818

sunk818

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:03 PM

It was not the fire wall. I had set the service for Bonjour to start, but delayed (Automatic Delayed Start). Once I turned it back to Automatic, AirVideoServer does not prompt he whenever I restart the computer. My guess is that AirVideoServer is giving me that prompt because it can not communicate with Bonjour broadcasting on whatever port it communicates on. That's why I suspect you said it might be a firewall issue. Thanks, it works okay now.

Do you use any third party firewall software? If not, have you ever used it in past? Bonjour installer should automatically configure Windows firewall, but it is possible that this doesn't work for certain third party firewalls. But it is still very weird, since Bonjour is pretty well known service.

#26 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:06 PM

Thanks for the follow-up. The bonjour service indeed needs to be running before Air Video Server HD, otherwise it can't connect to it and assumes it is not installed.

#27 macman104

macman104

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:45 PM

I had a brief look at the first upload. It looks like the SPS has a field with value that is out of range permitted by specification. I need to debug it some more to rule out bug in our parser (given that all other players seem to be able to handle the file).

Great, let me know if you need more info, or a full file for it.

#28 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:03 PM

Great, let me know if you need more info, or a full file for it.

I can confirm that it is not a bug in our parser. The value of chroma_sample_loc_type_bottom_field field of VU is 31, which is out of range for permitted values (0-5). Ffmpeg decoder doesn't test the value so the file plays, but our parser is more restrictive. 

I'm generally against making parsers more lenient. That leads to people creating non compliant files and that's never a good thing. While the file works with ffmpeg decoder now, it might not work with Apple hardware decoder in future. Do you have more files like that?

#29 macman104

macman104

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:06 PM

It was just those two files. I have ffmpeg, do you have a suggestion for remuxing them without losing quality to correct the file?

EDIT: For my own edification, what does that mean that it is outside that range? Would there be a reason that file has that value?

#30 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:49 PM

I don't think remuxing will do the trick, you'd have to re-encode the files, possibly with quality loss (although with similar conversion settings the quality loss should be minimal). I can't however recommend any software for doing it, I have never encoded any H.265 file myself. It is theoretically possible to just fix the SPS, but it would probably have to be done manually and would not be a trivial thing :)

What's the problem with the file? There is a structure used to initialize decoder, called SPS (Sequence Parameter Set). The structure has optional part, called VUI (Video Usability Information), that consists of various fields. For example the VUI contains (optional) framerate information and aspect ratio information. One of these fields is chroma_sample_loc_type_bottom_field, which has permitted values 0 - 5 (inclusive). In the file the field has value of 31, which according to the specification is invalid.

I'm not sure how this happened, it could either be bug in encoder or muxing software corrupting the SPS. The encoder problem is more likely. Given that most software don't seem to be checking if the value is within permitted range, it's perfectly possible that the bug was just flying under the radar (or still is). If you have more files like this that don't play because of this problem, it should probably be reported to multicoreware (they develop x265  encoder that was used to encode this file).

#31 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:50 PM

It looks like x265 (the encoder) properly checks if the value is within range (and has been doing that for quite some time) so the problem is likely somewhere else (muxer, or maybe file corruption).

#32 Sunrise

Sunrise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:23 PM

Hi Sunrise,

you can enable direct H.264 downloads in passthrough settings (from Download streams). It is disabled by default so that we remux the file, but if the video bitrate is within limits (which can be set very hight so it applies almost of any files), the file then may get remuxed, but with original video stream so there is no quality degradation.

I have had some more time to test today.

While with other files this works, this particular file doesn't. As an explanation, in the Download settings it says for the Video Track that "Track is not within bitrate or size limits", so the highest available option here is to transcode to 1080p, which is not preserving the quality of the file.

This seems to be a bug though, since when I press the (i) on the file in the File Information settings, it says that "File will be played as is, without any processing (Direct Playback)" and as expected that same file then works perfectly flawless when playing it back with passthrough.

So for some reason, there seem to be more strict limits in place for downloading compared to playback.

It would probably make sense to include another option/switch to bypass the bitrate or size limits completely when downloading or to just up the limits a bit, since it's no problem for the Apple iDevices to play back that file (I am testing with a 5s, the iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 have even more powerful video decoding units).

I am currently in the process of uploading the file in question (4K_RoastDuck_sample.mp4) and will also create a support ticket in the ticket system.

#33 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:44 PM

We don't have any bitrate limit during playback, only during download (where the file size matters). If you move the slider to 1080p and the file is still converted, it means that the bitrate is or resolution is too big for 1080p video. Which would be understandable if the video is 4k.

Now if you tap on the cell that says video is not within bitrate limit (not the ( i ), but the cell itself), you can chose to keep original tracks Whenever possible, after which there will be no bitrate limit applied and the file will be downloaded as it is (possibly remuxed, but the video track will be preserved).

#34 Sunrise

Sunrise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:53 PM

We don't have any bitrate limit during playback, only during download (where the file size matters). If you move the slider to 1080p and the file is still converted, it means that the bitrate is or resolution is too big for 1080p video. Which would be understandable if the video is 4k.

Now if you tap on the cell that says video is not within bitrate limit (not the ( i ), but the cell itself), you can chose to keep original tracks Whenever possible, after which there will be no bitrate limit applied and the file will be downloaded as it is (possibly remuxed, but the video track will be preserved).

Ah, finally, I found it! And it works! Thanks for that throughful explanation, never actually would have thought to tap on the cell itself.

Consider me a happy camper now. You really included a lot of stuff under the hood that even as an advanced user keeps impressing me.

#35 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:54 PM

Yeah, I guess the > next to ( i ) can be quite easy to miss. It means that the entire cell is tappable, not just the info button. 

#36 Sunrise

Sunrise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:55 PM

Found another bug:

It seems there currently is a decoder or conversion issue with certain Apple ProRes files. While playback (force conversion is active) there are green strips appearing in the picture randomly. I've made a native screenshot on my iPhone 5s, here's what it looks like:

airvideo_prores_nativdau62.png

Since this doesn't happen with older versions of Air Video HD and other decoders like LAV filters, there seems to be a problem specific to the decoder component with Air Video HD on this particular file.

You can get the whole file on this page:

http://www.geforce.c...h-demo-unveiled

Directlink:

http://international...o1080ProRes.mov

I've created a ticket for this in the ticket system, just posted it here to make you aware, too.

Best regards,

Sunrise

#37 dukelee221

dukelee221

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:08 PM

I want to know the requirement of hardware acceleration,  My server is installed windows 8,1 64bit  pro, and my video card is gtx650. but i can't select the option box of enable hardware accelerated decoding and encoding. I want to know the way how to activate it.

#38 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:25 PM

Hardware acceleration uses Intel QuickSync, so the external GPU doesn't really matter. Your CPU needs to have intel HD4000 integrated GPU or newer. What kind of CPU do you have?

#39 dukelee221

dukelee221

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:19 AM

My server have amd turion ii  N54L processor and MY pc have intel i5 750, 

#40 dukelee221

dukelee221

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:49 AM

Do you have any plan to use cuda technology for hard ware accerleration?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users