• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2573 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:17 AM

Air Video Server HD  2.1.0-beta2 is available. 

Changes since beta1

• Fixed more crashes
  • Windows Server should run on Windows XP
  • Split transcoding log to multiple files
  • Added /clear/mediaInfo and /clear/mediaBlacklist URLs for resetting thumbnail 

Changes since alpha1

• Fixed crash when generating thumbnails on Windows x64
  • Improved download speed and reliability (partial depends on client update)
  • Fixed conversion/playback getting stuck at the end of certain MKV files
  • Support for VLC 2.2

Notable changes since 2.0

• Hardware Accelerated Transcoding for OSX and Windows. Yes, finally! Details below
  • I-Frame playlist support (Scrubbing on Apple TV)
  • Initial HEVC Support (in MKV and MP4, requires recent VLC)

• Configure outbound rules on Windows Firewall

• A/V Sync fixes when using certain DirectShow audio decoders

• Fixed framerate problem using LAVFilter MP4 video decoder

• Workaround for bug in when playback skips to next file after last subtitle cue

Download for Mac OS X (universal)

Hardware acceleration (this will become separate post soon)

On Mac OS X, h.264 decoding and encoding can be hardware accelerated. Only available for Mac modes with h.264 encoder. One caveat - only one decoding and encoding session can be hardware accelerated, so if you transcode multiple streams simultanously the rest will fall-back to software.

On Windows, h.264, mpeg-2 and VC-1 decoding and h.264 encoding can be hardware accelerated, provided the computer has Intel HD3000 or newer GPU. If you have both integrated (intel) GPU and dedicated (AMD or nVidia) GPU and display is connected to dedicated GPU, hardware acceleration will only work if the operating system and hardware support DirectX 11 (Windows 8 and IntelHD4000 and newer).

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2573 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:26 PM

Updated the build to correct some issues with audio artifact present when decoding certain files.

#3 ciguli

ciguli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 05:40 PM

Can't wait for the stable release. Anytime soon?

#4 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2573 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:50 PM

Depends on how much feedback we get. Do you have any problems with the beta?

#5 RMcV

RMcV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:22 PM

No problems with beta2 here. I am using it daily. I grabbed it after your "Updated the buid" post.

RMcV

#6 ciguli

ciguli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:29 PM

Same here. Very stable. I haven't had any crashes, yet.

#7 theamzngq

theamzngq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:56 PM

Just installed beta 2, but I'm unable to playback HEVC content.  I already have VLC 2.1.5 64 bit installed on the server.  VLC can play the content by itself.  Is there something I need to do in order to let Air Video know about VLC's codecs?

#8 RMcV

RMcV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:31 PM

Just installed beta 2, but I'm unable to playback HEVC content.  I already have VLC 2.1.5 64 bit installed on the server.  VLC can play the content by itself.  Is there something I need to do in order to let Air Video know about VLC's codecs?

Hi theamzinq,

Try clearing your cache, that's what worked for me. http://forums.inmeth...humbnail-cache/

#9 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2573 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:12 PM

With latest beta visiting the following URL

http://localhost:45633/clear/mediaInfo

should clear the media info

#10 macman104

macman104

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:54 AM

When on my iPad Air 2, the video tries to autoplay the next file in the list, and gets stuck at the beginning of the file with the image beginning it's "blur" action for playback.  The play/pause shows a pause icon, indicating it's trying to play.  If I tap it to "pause" then tap again to play, it starts playback immediately.

HEVC video has been playing just fine for me so far, except for the following two files (listed as Ghostbusters 4K Remastered - Rename.mkv and Ghostbusters 2 - Rename.mkv).  Here is a log from the attempted transcoding. In the client I receive a "null pointer" message.

http://pastebin.com/UERAG0RL

#11 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2573 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:55 AM

When on my iPad Air 2, the video tries to autoplay the next file in the list, and gets stuck at the beginning of the file with the image beginning it's "blur" action for playback.  The play/pause shows a pause icon, indicating it's trying to play.  If I tap it to "pause" then tap again to play, it starts playback immediately.

HEVC video has been playing just fine for me so far, except for the following two files (listed as Ghostbusters 4K Remastered - Rename.mkv and Ghostbusters 2 - Rename.mkv).  Here is a log from the attempted transcoding. In the client I receive a "null pointer" message.

http://pastebin.com/UERAG0RL

For this I'd need to have sample file, even couple of seconds would be enough. If you're able to provide one, you can upload it here

https://www.mediafir...54ce133b8c0cb0b

#12 macman104

macman104

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:58 AM

Do you know how I'm able to chop the file properly?

I tried with the following ffmpeg command:

ffmpeg -ss 00:00:00 -i "Ghostbuster 4K Remastered - Rename.mkv" -t 00:00:10 -codec copy Ghostbusters4KChopped.mkv

But, now the client seems to be stalled and stuck on "loading details", it doesn't even detect the file size anymore, so I'm not sure I've chopped the file properly for you.

I've tried uploading it, but I guess I can't guarantee the file isn't improperly broken in a different manner now.

#13 Sunrise

Sunrise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:39 PM

Do you know how I'm able to chop the file properly?

I tried with the following ffmpeg command:

ffmpeg -ss 00:00:00 -i "Ghostbuster 4K Remastered - Rename.mkv" -t 00:00:10 -codec copy Ghostbusters4KChopped.mkv

But, now the client seems to be stalled and stuck on "loading details", it doesn't even detect the file size anymore, so I'm not sure I've chopped the file properly for you.

I've tried uploading it, but I guess I can't guarantee the file isn't improperly broken in a different manner now.

I've debugged lots of files with admin and after searching for ages on how to do a simply copy of x bytes/kilobytes/megabytes etc. into a new file, I came across this easy and most compatible solution (nothing in the target file actually is modified, no header changes, which is important).

1) Download UnxUtils: http://sourceforge.n...jects/unxutils/ (these are command-line Unix/Linux tools build for Win32, there are others for various OSes)
2) Extract them to any folder you want
3) (This step is optional) If you want to use all of the included tools irregardless of your working directory, you can add "[target directory]\UnxUtils\usr\local\wbin" to the Windows environment variable

4) Open command line (start menu, type "cmd", hit enter)

Now, as an example:

Type "dd if=inputfile.xxx bs=100000k count=10 of=outputfile.xxx" -> This would copy the first 1GB of a file to a new one.

Or in your case, a more practical:

Type "dd if=input.xxx bs=100000k count=1 of=outputfile.xxx -> This would copy the first 100MB of a file to a new one

This is good solution if you just need some bytes of your source to show someone. dd is also able to start from certain byte x and stop at byte y, see online documentation for that.

#14 Sunrise

Sunrise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:51 PM

I finally found some time to do testing on 2.1.0-beta2.

Here are some of the more obvious bugs I found:

1) Description: Server hang/crash when browsing the m2ts files in the archive "airvideohd_2.1.0-beta2_samples1.rar" I uploaded to your mediafire account. These files are taken from a blu-ray and they work with LAV filters in various players (they have a video stream with a still picture in them).

Steps to reproduce:

- Please extract all files into a directory of your choice and just browse the folder

- Air Video HD will now try to scan the file and create thumbnails, but fails

- Air Video HD will now hang and sometimes crash after a while

- If you try to browse a new directory full of other files that are not yet cached (this is important), they won't get scanned (Loading details...)

- If you now close Air Video HD, the following processes are not terminated and stay resident until you manually terminate them:

samples1_screenshot0usoy.png

2) Description: Browsing the file "6-Grayscale Ramp.mp4" I uploaded either shows a constant "Loading details..." or it shows "File has caused server crash." in the Air Video HD client. This is a different behaviour as 1), since this seems to cause no server hard crash, but a problem with detecting the file correctly. Maybe this can result in a hang issue, however. This file works flawless in LAV filters in various players and also VLC. Should be easy to fix.

3) Description: The files "gradient-perceptual-colored-v2-8-bit.mkv" and "gradient-perceptual-v2.mkv" I uploaded you show a constant "Loading details..." in the Air Video HD client. They are encoded with the FFV1 codec and work flawlessly in LAV filters in various players and in VLC.

PS: Just as an added note, all of my files are on local SSD storage, no NAS or network shares involved.

#15 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2573 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:16 PM

Hi Sunrise,

is there any chance you could create ticket for this? The forum post is getting bit busy.

http://inmethod.freshdesk.com/

I don't think I've ever tested video with ffv1, I'm not even sure our demuxers can handle it. I'll take a look of course.

I also noticed that latest beta doesn't use system decoders for VC1, so that's a known regression and will be fixed.

#16 sunk818

sunk818

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:20 AM

did you fix the error with the bonjour prompt every time windows restarts and it asks after airvideoserverhd starts up?

#17 Sunrise

Sunrise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:50 AM

Hi Sunrise,

is there any chance you could create ticket for this? The forum post is getting bit busy.

http://inmethod.freshdesk.com/

I don't think I've ever tested video with ffv1, I'm not even sure our demuxers can handle it. I'll take a look of course.

I also noticed that latest beta doesn't use system decoders for VC1, so that's a known regression and will be fixed.

Sure, done. Is this the preferred way of reporting, as then I will just create tickets or is this temporary, what's more convenient for you?

Question:

I also tested downloading of files to my iPhone, but for some reason, when the file has successfully downloaded, there is no (i) for file information shown as with the other files that are not downloaded. Can you add that? Also, I saw that the possibility to download a file as is (when it's already in an Apple supported container/format, like MP4 and H.264 with supported audio codec), meaning no conversion at all, is not available anymore, as with earlier versions of Air Video HD. I have used that quite often to have the highest quality available and also to test and determine the resolution/bitrate playback capabilities of an iDevice (you could pretty much narrow down very specificly whether the device HW (SoC) itself is capable enough for the supported codecs or if it's an external problem, like WiFi etc.).

Will create more bug reports if I find some more time testing.

PS: While we're at it, is it possible to add support for the lossless MagicYUV codec (http://magicyuv.com/)? It's a very good and relatively new lossless codec, which is extremely efficient and optimized for fast playback. On their homepage there is the codec itself as well as an SDK.

#18 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2573 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:31 PM

Hi Sunrise,

you can enable direct H.264 downloads in passthrough settings (from Download streams). It is disabled by default so that we remux the file, but if the video bitrate is within limits (which can be set very hight so it applies almost of any files), the file then may get remuxed, but with original video stream so there is no quality degradation.

We don't show (i) for downloaded files, I might change it in future.

I'll look at magicyuv.

The bug tracking is preferred for bug reporting, as bug reports can get easily burried in forums.

#19 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2573 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:34 PM

did you fix the error with the bonjour prompt every time windows restarts and it asks after airvideoserverhd starts up?

I'm not aware of any problem that we can fix. If this happens and bonjour is installed, it would most certainly mean w firewall software blocking bonjour socket so that Air Video Server HD can not connect to it.

#20 Sunrise

Sunrise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:47 PM

Hi Sunrise,

you can enable direct H.264 downloads in passthrough settings (from Download streams). It is disabled by default so that we remux the file, but if the video bitrate is within limits (which can be set very hight so it applies almost of any files), the file then may get remuxed, but with original video stream so there is no quality degradation.

Great, thanks, I really must have overlooked that. That is very good to know.

We don't show (i) for downloaded files, I might change it in future.

I'll look at magicyuv.

The bug tracking is preferred for bug reporting, as bug reports can get easily burried in forums.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users