• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mayo

mayo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:39 AM

First off great app well worth the few bucks i spent so thanks! I would love to see a few more features added though, mainly to the server side program.

1)The password is way to easy to change on a windows computer if the desktop is up any one can just click the icon and put in new password and boom it will change.Like if i go to the bathroom and leave my computer running it would take a person in my house less than a minute to change a password. You should make so that once a password is "set" they must enter the old password prior to changing it. Its not very secure currently.

2) I would love an option in the windows version to be able to be able to hide the folders being shared within the icon as well. Right now anyone can click on the icon and see exactly what folder is being shared at any time.

3) Maybe the real solution is to make an option to password protect the preferences icon on your pc. Like if you click the icon you must enter a password before the preferences will open, would be great. If you did this  1) and 2) would be covered in 1 shot and it would be optional so if you dont want it on then it wont be.

4) Make it show on your ipad/ iphone, that once you are inside the password protected server that it is fact a secure server ( by showing a lock beside it or something , just for peace of mind... this is obviously not required but i would appreciate it.

5) Currently any hidden folders in windows can not be seen in this program, please consider adding support for hidden folders.

6) It would be nice to see a few more options on  the files, like the date.

Thanks for reading,

Great program i hope you will consider adding these features! thanks alot.

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:29 AM

Hi,

1-3) are unlikely to be implemented. It doesn't matter what the server user interface does, anyone with access to your user account will be able to delete or edit the configuration file, which is easy enough to find. Once you have access to user account you can do pretty much everything. 

5) this is intentional. we could have setting for it in future version.

#3 syth

syth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:43 PM

Password issue are resolved by 1) not leaving your account unlocked. 2) not running the server software under your user account or 3) both.

#4 rogo43

rogo43

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:30 PM

Like if i go to the bathroom and leave my computer running it would take a person in my house less than a minute to change a password. 

Say What?

Do you often have issues of taking a crap and having family members sneak on to your computer to change passwords?? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: change, icon, secure, password, prefferences, server, lock, protect, security, safety

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users