• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2573 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:20 PM

Air Video Server HD  2.1.0-beta1 is available. 

Changes since alpha1

• Fixed crash when generating thumbnails on Windows x64
  • Improved download speed and reliability (partial depends on client update)
  • Fixed conversion/playback getting stuck at the end of certain MKV files
  • Support for VLC 2.2

Notable changes since 2.0

• Hardware Accelerated Transcoding for OSX and Windows. Yes, finally! Details below
  • I-Frame playlist support (Scrubbing on Apple TV)
  • Initial HEVC Support (in MKV and MP4, requires recent VLC)

• Configure outbound rules on Windows Firewall

• A/V Sync fixes when using certain DirectShow audio decoders

• Fixed framerate problem using LAVFilter MP4 video decoder

• Workaround for bug in when playback skips to next file after last subtitle cue

Download for Mac OS X (universal)

Hardware acceleration (this will become separate post soon)

On Mac OS X, h.264 decoding and encoding can be hardware accelerated. Only available for Mac modes with h.264 encoder. One caveat - only one decoding and encoding session can be hardware accelerated, so if you transcode multiple streams simultanously the rest will fall-back to software.

On Windows, h.264, mpeg-2 and VC-1 decoding and h.264 encoding can be hardware accelerated, provided the computer has Intel HD3000 or newer GPU. If you have both integrated (intel) GPU and dedicated (AMD or nVidia) GPU and display is connected to dedicated GPU, hardware acceleration will only work if the operating system and hardware support DirectX 11 (Windows 8 and IntelHD4000 and newer).

#2 manne

manne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:08 AM

Hi

I have "Air Video Server HD 2.0.3-beta1", why doesn't the latest beta show up when I use check for updates in the program?

I'm a OS X user...

#3 manne

manne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:45 AM

I went back to 2.0.3 beta.. This version gave me:

Missing demuxer plugin: MP4
File analysis tool too long.

#4 Malte

Malte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:48 PM

Just gave this a try. Hardware transcoding is amazing, Cpu usage is almost gone! 

Im running this on a Intel i3 2120, with only the Intel HD Graphics 2000. Two 1080p streams and cpu is just idling  :)

I'll run this from now on and see if i run in to any problems.

#5 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2573 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:56 PM

Hi,

are you sure the transcoding is actually being performed? It could be that the H.264 streams are just passed through. I'm just curious, because it seems bit too good to be true for HD2000 :)

#6 Malte

Malte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:52 PM

Hi,

are you sure the transcoding is actually being performed? It could be that the H.264 streams are just passed through. I'm just curious, because it seems bit too good to be true for HD2000 :)

Hmm, how can i be sure it transcodes? Will "Force conversion" do the job? And how do i know if its software or hardware conversion?

Edit: Well, with Force conversion active the cpu-usage is around 35-40% on a 1080p H264 movie. So passthrough is indeed working as it should with H264, awsome feature.  :)

But i still don't know if the quicksync actually works while transcoding, but in others.log is says "Intel Quick Sync seems to be supported - HW API version: 1.4".

#7 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2573 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:21 PM

Force Conversion will do the job.

Could you send me the logs from Air Video Server HD - Create Archive from Logs to support(at)inmethod.com? Take the logs after playing with Force Conversion for a while, I'd like to check if QuickSync works as expected and what the performance on a HD2000 is.

#8 Malte

Malte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:01 PM

Force Conversion will do the job.

Could you send me the logs from Air Video Server HD - Create Archive from Logs to support(at)inmethod.com? Take the logs after playing with Force Conversion for a while, I'd like to check if QuickSync works as expected and what the performance on a HD2000 is.

Just sent you the logs!  :)

#9 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2573 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:30 PM

Thanks. From the log it seems that QuickSync is being used, at the very least for decoding. If you have hardware accelerated encoding enabled then it is also used for encoding (it would only show in logs if it failed to initialize, which it doesn't).

The encoding is done at 200%, which is not bad for the CPU load, especially given that audio stream is transcoded twice (one is 5.1 variant for Apple TV, this will probably be made optional in future).

One thing that I noticed is that the Conversion Quality (bitrate) that you have configured on client limits the resolution to 720p. If you increase it to at least 3mbit/s, the transcoding should be full 1080p. I'm curious what the impact will be. On one side, scaling is done entirely on CPU, so not having to scale down video should mean less CPU load, but encoding 1080p might be slower than 720p, but I'm not sure how much.

#10 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2573 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:43 AM

I have "Air Video Server HD 2.0.3-beta1", why doesn't the latest beta show up when I use check for updates in the program?

I'm a OS X user...

Beta versions are not delivered through automatic updates.

Missing demuxer plugin: MP4
File analysis tool too long.

Looks like broken server installation. If the plugin is missing it could mean it was put into quarantine by an antivirus software. It has happen before, the heuristics seems to have problems with some Air Video Server HD plugins.

#11 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2573 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:18 AM

Beta2 is out.

http://forums.inmeth...r-hd-210-beta2/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users