#41 cosmoxl

cosmoxl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 09:44 PM

Greetings! Been an AirVideo customer since it launched on the original iPad. :D

Question - I was looking at this hardware accelerated decoding/encoding option on my desktop and they appear greyed out and unselectable. My PC specs:

CPU: 6th generation i7-6700K

GPU: Nvidia GeForce 1080

As far as I can tell, I meet the requirements and I did verify that my CPU has the features mentioned in the OP, though it does have a newer generation CPU than what was mentioned in the OP (I assume that's only because the OP was written before the 6th generation CPUs were out). Is there anything special I need to do to enable this feature? Running the latest version if the server. 

Thanks for the great product.

since you have a separate Nvidia GPU the intel GPU on the CPU isn't being used.  when that happens you aren't able to use the quicksync function.  first check to see if the intel GPU is enabled in BIOS then search the web on how to add a fake monitor to force the use of the intel GPU so that it appears in your system.

#42 Dreams-Visions

Dreams-Visions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:36 AM

Okay thanks!

#43 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 10:36 AM

Is there any way to manually edit settings for quicksync hardware decoding/encoding to make sure certain options are used by the decoder/encoder such as deinterlacing or the type of deinterlacing?  Viewing some 1080i ATSC recordings and it seems they aren't being deinterlaced properly.  I've tried turning deinterlace on/off in the client GUI but that doesn't help.  Thanks

Deinterlacing is separate step from transcoding. So hardware acceleration makes no difference here. Unfortunately deinterlacing can also be very tricky to do sometimes, as interlacing order is often not signaled properly in video stream, or the video may need inverse telecine (which is very CPU intensive and thus Air Video HD doesn't do it currently). 

You could perhaps upload sample video to filedrop and I can take a look if I can get it to deinterlace properly.

https://www.mediafir...54ce133b8c0cb0b

#44 cosmoxl

cosmoxl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 01:46 PM

Deinterlacing is separate step from transcoding. So hardware acceleration makes no difference here. Unfortunately deinterlacing can also be very tricky to do sometimes, as interlacing order is often not signaled properly in video stream, or the video may need inverse telecine (which is very CPU intensive and thus Air Video HD doesn't do it currently). 

You could perhaps upload sample video to filedrop and I can take a look if I can get it to deinterlace properly.

https://www.mediafir...54ce133b8c0cb0b

No need for you to make changes.  Everything is fine except for Blindspot broadcasts this season.  They must be filming a different way from "normal".  It could be that it does need inverse telecine.  But, I'm not going to worry about it as all other shows that are 1080i are being deinterlaced as good as can be expected.

I assumed that with quicksync enabled for decoding and encoding that a DXVA deinterlacing function was being used on the GPU.  No?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users