• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 kfagoora

kfagoora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:24 PM

It's most likely software problem. Please send the logs from Air Video Server HD - Create Archive from Logs to support(at)inmethod.com  

Thanks--logs sent to support.

#22 cosmoxl

cosmoxl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:01 PM

Thanks for the file. I was able to reproduce the problem. It seems to be a bug in QuickSync when generating decoding timestamp for 60fps encode. I should be able to create a workaround for this.

hello.  I tried server version 2.2.2 and the problem actually seems worse now.  Any progress in working this problem out?

#23 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:46 PM

There were no changes in 2.2.2 regarding to hardware acceleration so I'm not sure why it would get worse. Unfortunately given that this is a bug in quicksync itself, it's not easy to fix. It's quite high on my todo list, just didn't get to it yet.

• cosmoxl likes this

#24 Maukey

Maukey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:01 PM

I have a 2015 Macbook (12" USB-C model) with Intel HD Graphics 5300 and 1536 MB RAM allocated. I'm assuming the graphics chip supports QuickSync since it's a recent version, but the AVHD server options for hardware acceleration are disabled/grayed-out.

Any idea what the issue might be? CPU limitation (i.e. Core-M), maybe something in the software?

Has this been solved? I have the 1.2 MacBook as well, and although it says my Intel Graphics support QuickSync, the options are greyed out.

#25 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:31 PM

Maukey, can you get it working with this version? http://s3.amazonaws....2.2.3-beta1.dmg

#26 Maukey

Maukey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:25 PM

Maukey, can you get it working with this version? http://s3.amazonaws....2.2.3-beta1.dmg

When I get home tonight I will check and report back!

#27 kings1204

kings1204

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 05:56 PM

Hi,

When i activate Hardware accelerated transcoding it works really fine with one person using it, but the second to connect does not work (if it´s two persons viewing 1080p) . In the same situation working only with processor (Hardware accelerated transcondig off) it works fine.

Any help ??

Thank u

#28 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:22 PM

hello.  I tried server version 2.2.2 and the problem actually seems worse now.  Any progress in working this problem out?

This should be fixed in 2.2.3-beta3

http://forums.inmeth...beta2-released/

• cosmoxl likes this

#29 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:22 PM

Hi,

When i activate Hardware accelerated transcoding it works really fine with one person using it, but the second to connect does not work (if it´s two persons viewing 1080p) . In the same situation working only with processor (Hardware accelerated transcondig off) it works fine.

Any help ??

Thank u

If this problem persists with 2.2.3-beta2, please send me the logs from Air Video Server HD (Create Archive from Logs) to support(at)inmethod.com

#30 cosmoxl

cosmoxl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:49 AM

sorry, was the beta3 a typo?  all I see is beta2  will check it out ASAP.  thanks!

#31 cosmoxl

cosmoxl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:46 PM

yep, the a/v sync problems seem to be fixed.  thanks!

#32 kings1204

kings1204

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:14 PM

Hi,

x86 beta 2.2.3 crashes very fast using Adavanced Hardware Acceleration , and it consumes a lot of ram memory.

It crashes with only one user.

Mac mini core i5 4GB RAM , win 7 x64 ultimate.

Transcoding to 1080p 10Mb . The original file is a BDremux.

Where do a I send u the logs ?? it´s a zip file and y don´t see how to share it with u.

Thanks in advance

#33 kings1204

kings1204

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:22 PM

Already found in other post where to upload (mediafire if i´m not wrong).

It´s uploaded, Thanks !!!!

#34 kings1204

kings1204

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:52 PM

update :

It crashes to without Hardware acceleration activated. It consumes the RAM y minutes. 

#35 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:41 PM

Already found in other post where to upload (mediafire if i´m not wrong).

It´s uploaded, Thanks !!!!

I don't see any logs uploaded from MacMini. Also, if possible, can you upload the file that makes it crash? Or does it happen with all files? This certainly seems like a memory leak. Is the crash specific to 2.2.3?

#36 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:31 PM

Actually, I don't need the logs. This is indeed a problem with the beta, update should be posted very soon.

#37 kings1204

kings1204

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:37 PM

The logs where named with my name in the post "kings1204" in the begining.

Thanks !!!!

#38 kings1204

kings1204

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:27 PM

If this problem persists with 2.2.3-beta2, please send me the logs from Air Video Server HD (Create Archive from Logs) to support(at)inmethod.com

Solved in beta 3 release (today).

The graphic card transcodes the first movie and the other two (tried with 3 users at the same time) goes tu CPU.

Thanks !!!

#39 cosmoxl

cosmoxl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 01:12 PM

Is there any way to manually edit settings for quicksync hardware decoding/encoding to make sure certain options are used by the decoder/encoder such as deinterlacing or the type of deinterlacing?  Viewing some 1080i ATSC recordings and it seems they aren't being deinterlaced properly.  I've tried turning deinterlace on/off in the client GUI but that doesn't help.  Thanks

#40 Dreams-Visions

Dreams-Visions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 05:31 PM

Greetings! Been an AirVideo customer since it launched on the original iPad. :D

Question - I was looking at this hardware accelerated decoding/encoding option on my desktop and they appear greyed out and unselectable. My PC specs:

CPU: 6th generation i7-6700K

GPU: Nvidia GeForce 1080

As far as I can tell, I meet the requirements and I did verify that my CPU has the features mentioned in the OP, though it does have a newer generation CPU than what was mentioned in the OP (I assume that's only because the OP was written before the 6th generation CPUs were out). Is there anything special I need to do to enable this feature? Running the latest version if the server. 

Thanks for the great product.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users