• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:02 PM

Air Video Server HD  2.1.0-alpha1 is available. 

Notable changes

• Hardware Accelerated Transcoding for OSX and Windows. Yes, finally! Details below
  • I-Frame playlist support (Scrubbing on Apple TV)
  • Initial HEVC Support (in MKV and MP4, requires recent VLC)

• Configure outbound rules on Windows Firewall

• A/V Sync fixes when using certain DirectShow audio decoders

• Fixed framerate problem using LAVFilter MP4 video decoder

• Workaround for bug in when playback skips to next file after last subtitle cue

Download for Mac OS X (universal)

Hardware acceleration

On Mac OS X, h.264 decoding and encoding can be hardware accelerated. Only available for Mac modes with h.264 encoder. One caveat - only one decoding and encoding session can be hardware accelerated, so if you transcode multiple streams simultanously the rest will fall-back to software.

On Windows, h.264, mpeg-2 and VC-1 decoding and h.264 encoding can be hardware accelerated, provided the computer has Intel HD3000 or newer GPU. If you have both integrated (intel) GPU and dedicated (AMD or nVidia) GPU and display is connected to dedicated GPU, hardware acceleration will only work if the operating system and hardware support DirectX 11 (Windows 8 and IntelHD4000 and newer).

• truddyFresy and Larestads like this

#2 FrancWest

FrancWest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:19 AM

With this version I'm unable to play mkv files. It complains that I need to install additional codecs. No matter what codecs I install it still fails. I also updated VLC. Reverting back to 2.0 solves the issue, I'm able to playback mkv's again.

#3 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:36 PM

Please send the logs from Air Video Server HD (Create Archive from Logs) to support(at)inmethod.com . Did you install 32 or 64bit version? Also, is the 2.0 you reverted to 32 or 64bit?

#4 RMcV

RMcV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:58 PM

I just installed the new alpha and briefly tested it (starting video and playing different spots within the video) with an AVI (xvid,MP3), MKV(H.264,AC-3)/(H.264,DTS) and MP4(H.264,AAC). They all work fine.

I tried an MKV(H.265,AAC 6 ch), it did not work. The thumbnail in the iOS app is grey. When I press play it gives me a missing codec pop up for "video/x-unknown" same as previous version of Air Video HD.

The "Enable Hardware Accelerated Decoding (QuickSYnc)" and Encoding" check boxes are greyed out. (I don't know if this is what should happen based on my specs below).

I have an i7 64-bit CPU, AMD Radeon HD 5570, Windows 7 64-bit, VLC v2.1.5 64-bit and Air Video Server HD 2.1.0-alpha1 64-bit.

#5 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 04:05 PM

Can you tell me exact model of your CPU? 

with dedicated GPU, the CPU must have at least HD4000, because such setup needs DirectX 11. Also I'm not sure if this works on Windows 7, it might require Windows 8. Integrated GPU must also be enabled in BIOS setup. When you go to device manager you should be able to see both your integrated and external GPU in Display adapters.

Note sure about the H.265 issue, will try to reproduce.

#6 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 04:18 PM

I wasn't able to reproduce the H.265 problem. It is possible that the thumbnail cache needs to be rebuilt in your case (since the old thumbnails were created when demuxer had no idea about H.264).

http://forums.inmeth...humbnail-cache/

If that doesn't help please let me know. It is possible that the stream is muxed in a way which our demuxer doesn't recognize.

#7 FrancWest

FrancWest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:20 PM

Please send the logs from Air Video Server HD (Create Archive from Logs) to support(at)inmethod.com . Did you install 32 or 64bit version? Also, is the 2.0 you reverted to 32 or 64bit?

I did an uninstall of the 32-bit 2.0 version and reinstalled the 32-bit 2.1 alpha version. Now, mkv files play fine again. Not sure why.

#8 RMcV

RMcV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:22 PM

Sorry for the bother, deleting the thumbnail cache and restarting the server did the trick for the H.265 issue I had. Thanks for that.

My CPU is Intel® Core™ i7 CPU  860  @ 2.80GHz . I hope that gives you enough info to identify the CPU.

In Device Manager I only see my AMD Radeon HD 5570 video card.

I am running DirectX 11.

Thanks again for your help.

#9 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:13 PM

My CPU is Intel® Core™ i7 CPU  860  @ 2.80GHz . I hope that gives you enough info to identify the CPU.

Your CPU seems to be first generation i7 (or what Intel calls previous generation). It doesn't have any hardware decoding/encoding capability and thus doesn't support QuickSync. For that you need at least second generation that has Intel HD3000 GPU (HD2000 might work but we didn't test it). If you want to use it alongside dedicated GPU you'll need at least third generation CPU that has Intel HD4000 and relatively recent motherboard.

#10 RMcV

RMcV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 12:52 PM

Thanks for checking the hardware decoding/encoding capability for me.

Is there any possibility that you can leverage the AMD Radeon HD 5570 video card? I know that FLACCL (http://www.cuetools.net/wiki/FLACCL) leverages it to encode/decode audio to/from FLAC.

#11 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:28 PM

Well, CUDA based video encoders don't really work, but in future we might have support for ATI Stream as well as NVENC for nVidia, but it is unlikely that they will perform as well as QuickSync. First issue is that ATI Stream is by itself significantly slower encoder than QuickSync, second issue is that supporting both ATI Stream and NVENC in Air Video Server HD requires quite a lot of data to be pushed in and out of video memory.

#12 RMcV

RMcV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:24 PM

No worrys, it works great as it is, thanks.

#13 mozzy990

mozzy990

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:14 PM

Hi,

64 bit version didn't work great for me at all and I had to go for 32 bit which works perfectly.

I had the same thumbnail problem and would not let me go into some film files at all and from the thumbnail menu on ios. I rebuilt the cache but it still didn't fix this problem.

Also i had multiple server icons pop up in the bottom right corner in windows desktop when i was trying to access films from the thumbnail menu in ios,

When i get a chance i will reinstall the 64 bit version and send you the logs.

#14 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:40 PM

Multiple server icons means the version has crashed. Logs would help.

#15 tdoane78

tdoane78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:17 PM

Admin --

Running into the same issue with this build of server crashes. This eventually leads to internal network access to server still working but outside the network the error message of ""Error occurred while resolving server address. Server is offline!"  I'll send over the server logs in an email. Thanks!

-Tim

#16 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:19 PM

The 64bit Windows build is quite broken, 32 bit probably works better. Update should be available soon.

#17 mozzy990

mozzy990

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:15 AM

I'm still getting that stopping issue on latest server build 32bit when playing a film, its mainly happens in the first 10 mins.

I've gone back to version 2.01-x64 its the only one that works great for me.

#18 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:45 AM

I'm still getting that stopping issue on latest server build 32bit when playing a film, its mainly happens in the first 10 mins.

I've gone back to version 2.01-x64 its the only one that works great for me.

I can't really do anything about this unless I manage to reproduce it. Can you try playing the file with the alpha version (or new beta that should be released later today) and right when it starts loading take the logs (Create Archive from Logs) and send them to support (at) inmethod.com ?

Also, once it starts loading, does it ever continue (with the alpha version) or is it stuck forever?

#19 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:21 PM

Beta1 is available

#20 mozzy990

mozzy990

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:48 PM

I have to exit out of the film and then start again and then it works.

When it happens again i will send over the logs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users