292 replies to this topic

#161 gadric

gadric

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:43 PM

No problem. 

It is the current version of vlc-nox of the normal debian repository. should be 2.1.5. 

#162 nacat78

nacat78

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:37 PM

Will there be updates to the linux version to include recent fixes..? thanks for your time

#163 IceIceBird

IceIceBird

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 06:34 PM

Will there be updates to the linux version to include recent fixes..? thanks for your time

What fixes?
I have no trouble at all with my server ;)

#164 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:28 PM

Sorry for the delay, new version should be available next week.

#165 gadric

gadric

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:11 PM

Thanks a lot! What was the problem? 

#166 erico.bettoni

erico.bettoni

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:04 PM

Guys, do you plan to compile your HD server for FreeBSD / Nas4Free ?

I've been also wanting this for a long time. I keep a VM running on my N4F just to run AirVideo Server.

Sadly, it's not possible to run this linux release on N4F, not even in a linux Jail, as the support is limited to 32 bits.

Admins,

Since the linux build is evolving nicely would you consider building a FreeBSD release? The code (without acceleration) would almost certainly build without issues.

I am more than happy to test and spread the word. There is a lot of folks over at NAS4Free who would REALLY like this.

Anyway, thanks for this great piece of software, been using and paid every app since the original release.

E.

#167 erico.bettoni

erico.bettoni

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:18 PM

Sorry for the delay, new version should be available next week.

Thanks for the great work on this software. Beat plex and other alternatives by miles, specially if you have your library already sorted and name properlly because of your OCD... like mine. :)

Anyway, what about trying to build a FreeBSD release? I would help in anyway I can. :)

#168 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:18 AM

Sorry for the delay, I've uploaded the link in original post. I didn't have much time to test the release though :-/

#169 mjedi7

mjedi7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:41 AM

Great work! Very smooth installation and runs flawlessly (so far) on Linux Mint 17. For me, the most important new feature would be the ability to change the location of the log, runtime data and cache files. Currently they seem to be hard-coded to write into the home directory of the server process owner. I would like to write the logs into /var/log and the runtime/cache data into /var/run.

I am enclosing two short init scripts for starting the server at boot. The first init script is for upstart systems, and the second is for SystemV init. Note that the paths and user ids need to be adjusted for where you installed the software and what user account you wish to run under. I have commented out the "respawn" directive in the upstart version; you can uncomment this if you wish init to restart the server in the event that it crashes.

For SystemV Init: /etc/init.d/airvideo

#!/bin/sh

### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          AirVideoServerHD
# Required-Start:    $network $local_fs $remote_fs
# Required-Stop:     $network $local_fs $remote_fs
# Default-Start:     2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop:      0 1 6
# Short-Description: start AirVideoServer HD
### END INIT INFO

UID=airvideo
GID=airvideo
AIRVIDEO_DIR=/usr/local/share/AirVideoServerHD

SERVER=$AIRVIDEO_DIR/AirVideoServerHD
OPTIONS="--config=Server.properties"
PIDFILE=/var/run/airvideoserverhd.pid
DBUS_SOCKET=/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket

# See if the server is there
test -x $SERVER || exit 0

. /lib/lsb/init-functions

case $1 in
        start)
                if init_is_upstart; then
                        exit 1
                fi
                log_daemon_msg "Starting AirVideo" AirVideoServerHD
                        export DBUS_SYSTEM_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:path=$DBUS_SOCKET
                        if ! start-stop-daemon -d $AIRVIDEO_DIR -m -b --chuid $UID:$GID --start --quiet --oknodo --pidfile $PIDFILE --exec $SERVER -- $OPTIONS
                        then
                                log_end_msg 1
                                exit 1
                        fi
                        log_end_msg 0

;;
        stop)
                if init_is_upstart; then
                        exit 0
                fi

log_daemon_msg "Stopping AirVideo name server" AirVideoServerHD

start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --user $UID --pidfile $PIDFILE --exec $SERVER
                rm -f $PIDFILE
                log_end_msg 0

;;
        restart|force-reload)
                if init_is_upstart; then
                        exit 1
                fi
                $0 stop
                sleep 1
                $0 start
                ;;
        status)
                status_of_proc -p $PIDFILE $SERVER AirVideoServer
                exit $?
                ;;
        *)
                echo "Usage: /etc/init.d/airvideo {start|stop|restart|force-reload|status}"
                exit 1
                ;;
esac

So today I installed Ubuntu 15.04 64bit, was running Linux Mint 17 Rebecca, but now I have to use the script from lstein for systemv (Mint 17 was upstart), at first tried running start.sh from the usual "Startup Aplications" program from Ubuntu, that didn't work, so I tried the script, changed the UID and GID, also the path as the user specified, with no success, after doing some research I found that you have to change the attribute of the /etc/init.d/airvideo to executable and run update-rc.d. Using this commands:

sudo chmod +x /etc/init.d/airvideo 
sudo update-rc.d airvideo defaults 

After that just reboot your system and AirVideoServerHD should be up and running. At least that work for me. I hope this helps somebody in the same situation.

#170 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:09 AM

Just to point out it should be possible to change application data ("cache") and logs folders in this release

# logs path

#logsPath = ~/.AirVideoServerHD/Logs

# application data path

#applicationDataPath = ~/.AirVideoServerHD/ApplicationData

# conversion folder path

#conversionFolderPath = ~/.AirVideoServerHD/ConvertedFiles

#171 KorP

KorP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:11 PM

Hello.

I'm having problems with version 2.1.3
Conversion does not work, I can not see anything. The logs messages to the following:
01:00:50 WARN  01 gst.h264parse gsth264parse.c:1060 - - - - - - - - broken/invalid nal Type: 9 AU delimiter, Size: 2 will be dropped
01:00:50 ERROR 01 gst.vlc Common.h:363  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Error obtaining VLC instance: Not found: libvlc_new
01:00:50 WARN  01 gst.decodebin gstdecodebin2.c:2273  - - - - - - - Element vlcaudiodecoder_dts0 does not accept caps

A client receives an error about missing DTS codec.
2.1.0-beta3 working properly

But even with the transition to the second version, I ran into another problem: a very long video downloads and permanent hang.
Sometimes it is not small microvolts, sometimes bluray, no more than it was on to test.
First sinned on the plate, but then tried on the second - the situation is, in principle, that Ms.
I start watching the video ... initially loaded the order of minutes, and during video playback may stop and just loaded a minute, and sometimes does not boot at all - only helps to restart the video.
Check the server - CPU symbolically loaded, even when viewed bluray, 2.5 GB of available memory 3, the network just loaded is not strong.
In the first version was at least easy to read log, and now they are few and not clear - in which one to watch.
But then again - this is not always the case. Sometimes watch a movie succeeds without any problems.

#172 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:52 AM

Is your VLC path set to correct value? Obviously the server can't load libvlc

#173 KorP

KorP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:30 PM

Is your VLC path set to correct value? Obviously the server can't load libvlc

so that I do not posomtrel there lib, not lib64 default is
everything worked.

about brakes. bitrate is reduced from 2560 to 2048, like it became better, but still looking. though certainly weird - normal home network via Airport extreme ...

If someone needs a script run under systemd:
/usr/lib/systemd/system/airvideoserverhd
#!/bin/bash -

echo -n "Starting AirVideo server: "
cd /home/korp/AirVideoServerHD-2.1.3 && ./start.sh

/usr/lib/systemd/system/airvideoserverhd.service

[Unit]
Description=AirVideoServerHD
After=syslog.target
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=simple
#Type=forking
ExecStart=/usr/lib/systemd/system/airvideoserverhd

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

#174 windracer

windracer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:30 PM

So today I installed Ubuntu 15.04 64bit, was running Linux Mint 17 Rebecca, but now I have to use the script from lstein for systemv (Mint 17 was upstart), at first tried running start.sh from the usual "Startup Aplications" program from Ubuntu, that didn't work, so I tried the script, changed the UID and GID, also the path as the user specified, with no success, after doing some research I found that you have to change the attribute of the /etc/init.d/airvideo to executable and run update-rc.d

I just upgraded to Ubuntu 15.04 as well and am having issues getting the service running. Does anyone have a systemd file for airvideo-hd they could share?

edit: doh! nevermind ... didn't read to the end of the thread. I'll try KorP's solution.

#175 KorP

KorP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:47 PM

What I've got the latest version of constantly falling. What to look for the debug log?

#176 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:01 PM

Constantly failing how? You need to be more specific. What doesn't work?

#177 frl

frl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:43 AM

Hi,

The linux server is working well for me, but I believe the last couple of builds are always enabling external (Internet) access and configuring UPNP port maps to the server even if it is disabled in Server.properties.

In the logs from version 2.1.0-alpha1, with externalAccess and portMapping set to false, the following is logged on server startup:

External access not allowed or networking not starting

Since version 2.1.0-beta3, even with those same config settings set to false the logs show the server enabling external access and creating a UPNP port map, which I have verfied is getting created on my router.

For now my only option is to either rollback the server to 2.1.0-alpha1 or disable UPNP on my router.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Cheers,

frl

#178 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:43 PM

Try ExternalAccess and PortMapping. (case sensitive). I think there might be bug in the configuration importer where these keys are case sensitive (and must start with upper case) even though they shouldn't.

#179 frl

frl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:58 AM

Thanks for the reply admin.

I gave that a try (I did wonder if the issue might be related to the case sensitivity of these config items and the crashes reported in earlier version if they were missing).

# enable/disable external access
ExternalAccess = false

# enable/disable UPnP/NAT-PMP port mapping
PortMapping = false

Still results in the log suggesting these options are set to true..

06:47:01 INFO  00 portmapper PortMappingController.cpp:68 - - - - - Setting up port mapping
06:47:16 INFO  00 core.server Server.cpp:209  - - - - - - - - - - - External access enabled, configuring tracker service

I also tried the config items fully lowercase (externalaccess / portmapping) and starting uppercase (Externalaccess / Portmapping) but got the same result.

#180 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:59 AM

I'm currently out of office so I can't test this, but I'll try to reproduce and fix this when I get back. It's obviously a bug. External Access should not be starting unless enabled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users