• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

#141 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:40 PM

Discovery on local network. We require bonjour on every platform, on linux it is implemented by Avahi.

#142 papiex

papiex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:34 PM

Guys, do you plan to compile your HD server for FreeBSD / Nas4Free ?

#143 mjedi7

mjedi7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:00 AM

I'm running Linux Mint 17.1 and AirVideoServer works great. I been trying to execute the server at startup, using Istein's Upstart script, I created the file airvideo.conf in /etc/init/ but I can't make it run at boot. I changed my path correctly, and my UID and GID to 1000, but i'm not sure if that it's correct, the command "id" shows:

uid=1000(something) gid=1000(something) 

And I'm not sure if Linux Mint is upstart or Systemv.

Great work! Very smooth installation and runs flawlessly (so far) on Linux Mint 17. For me, the most important new feature would be the ability to change the location of the log, runtime data and cache files. Currently they seem to be hard-coded to write into the home directory of the server process owner. I would like to write the logs into /var/log and the runtime/cache data into /var/run.

I am enclosing two short init scripts for starting the server at boot. The first init script is for upstart systems, and the second is for SystemV init. Note that the paths and user ids need to be adjusted for where you installed the software and what user account you wish to run under. I have commented out the "respawn" directive in the upstart version; you can uncomment this if you wish init to restart the server in the event that it crashes.

For upstart: /etc/init/airvideo.conf:

Any help would be great. Thanks.

#144 mrow

mrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:40 AM

I've got everything set up and can connect to the server with the app. However, whenever I try to play back a video it fails. Only thing I can find in any of the logs is this:

02:10:24 ERROR 00 gst.vlc Common.h:363 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Error obtaining VLC instance: Not found: libvlc_new

VLC is installed and Server.properties is pointing to the correct location so I'm not sure what the issue is.

#145 lstein

lstein

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:00 PM

I'm running Linux Mint 17.1 and AirVideoServer works great. I been trying to execute the server at startup, using Istein's Upstart script, I created the file airvideo.conf in /etc/init/ but I can't make it run at boot. I changed my path correctly, and my UID and GID to 1000, but i'm not sure if that it's correct, the command "id" shows:

Linux Mint uses upstart.

#146 lstein

lstein

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:04 PM

Where is the latest beta? I don't see a link posted in this thread.

L

#147 windracer

windracer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:11 PM

The link for the download is in the first post.

#148 lstein

lstein

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:52 PM

Does anyone have problems with offline conversion? When I convert and/or download a video I get a file that gives the error "Playback failed for <filename>. Cannot open." This happens on an iPad Air. I can see the converted file on the server and can play it on a Linux video player. If I download it to the iPad via Goodreader, the embedded video player exits immediately. So I think the file is converted into a format that is incompatible with the iPad Air.

#149 lstein

lstein

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 02:55 AM

I think I've found a clue to what's going on. The converted file has the extension .mp4. If I simply rename it .m4v, then it plays. I don't see how to fix the extension automatically, however.

#150 marioscube

marioscube

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:24 PM

For me it worked with Linux Mint 17 if I commented out (or deleted) every instance of

#                if init_is_upstart; then
#                        exit 1
#                fi 

in the /etc/init.d/airvideo startup file. 

#151 kdf

kdf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:22 AM

Installed, got AC3 not installed message... actually read instructions.. installed VLC.. DONE ! Bought the iOS app (again, but that's ok)

You guys are awesome! I can tell a lot of time went into the iOS App (and obviously the Linux server). Good Job !

#152 TLCary

TLCary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:43 PM

It's not just 32bit. It's ARM, so it needs to be cross compiled, for different architecture. And we would have to support hardware decoders and encoders on PI first, the CPU itself is way too slow to transcode video.

The Raspberry Pi 2 B (still $35) supports hardware encoding. Also, you can easily clock 4 cores to 1Ghz. Compiled for the Arm, and taking advantage of the hardware encoding, I would think that it would make a fantastic dedicated in home Air Video HD server.

http://www.broadcom....roducts/BCM2835

#153 Sunrise

Sunrise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:54 PM

The Raspberry Pi 2 B (still $35) supports hardware encoding. Also, you can easily clock 4 cores to 1Ghz. Compiled for the Arm, and taking advantage of the hardware encoding, I would think that it would make a fantastic dedicated in home Air Video HD server.http://www.broadcom....roducts/BCM2835

HW Encoding/Decoding only works up to 1080p30, that's way too limited. Also, transcoding needs a lot of performance even on todays Intel Quad-Cores. A Pi would therefore only work for Direct Playback, when you're already solely on compatible MP4 containers and codecs. Other than that, the Pi is not fast enough.

#154 analyser

analyser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 01:51 PM

thx for ur great work!

the transcoding qualities and cpu usage etc is better than plex

#155 gadric

gadric

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:33 PM

Just installed the current version on my openmediavault setup. I used the vlc-nox of debian. everythings works but the transcoding for DTS. It says: 

"Playback failed. Couldn't link element 'audioconvert12' with 'vlcaudioencoder_ac3-16'. 

any advice?

#156 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:41 PM

Can you please send the complete logs to support (at) inmethod.com? I'll take a look.

#157 gadric

gadric

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:46 PM

I sent you the logs files. I hope you can help me. 

#158 clarity

clarity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:02 PM

another request for the raspberry pi 2 version - transcoding is not such an issue for many people, as i'd say 99% of the files can be played just through transmuxing and perhaps audio transcoding, for which raspi 2 should be powerful enough.

I've seen quite a few people using the old version of airvideo on raspi 1 with success, just without transcoding.

#159 gadric

gadric

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:16 PM

Can you please send the complete logs to support (at) inmethod.com? I'll take a look.

any news?

#160 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:24 PM

gardic, not yet, sorry. I'll try to reproduce it tomorrow. Which VLC version do you have?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users