• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

#81 BE77Y

BE77Y

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:21 PM

Glibc 2.12 was released in May 2010. Seriously, this is ridiculous. We'll try to make future releases completely independent of glibc, but that will require additional work.

EDIT: Ridiculous might be a strong word given that it is supposed to be enterprise distribution, but still.

Indeed, it is not only a strong word but I'd argue simply inaccurate; it is entirely appropriate given the release type. 

That said, CentOS is one of the more popular linux distributions for non-debian based systems, so I would suggest it is probably  a good idea to allow for the AirVideoHD server to be run independently of the glibc version as you say (regardless of my personal use of the platform and obvious desire to run the server myself - I've been waiting well over a year at this point already so I'm happy continuing to wait). 

#82 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:37 PM

I don't think we can avoid getting rid of glibc dependency, it will need to happen, it's just additional work that we need to do so it will take some time.

#83 BE77Y

BE77Y

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:38 PM

I don't think we can avoid getting rid of glibc dependency, it will need to happen, it's just additional work that we need to do so it will take some time.

I appreciate that - if you were able to update this thread accordingly if/when it is done, that would be very helpful (I'm sure not just for me). 

#84 Nicoplh

Nicoplh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:14 PM

Hi, 

i've installed the server on my Debian i can connect to the server, but can't play a video, every codec are missing ...

vlc is installed in /usr/lib/vlc 

ports are opened 

i've tried everything can someone help me ?

#85 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:15 PM

Which VLC version?

#86 Nicoplh

Nicoplh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:18 PM

2.2 ... i thought i had 2.1 ... i'll change this

#87 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

2.2 should work in next update.

#88 E71

E71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:47 AM

I too am in the CentOS 6.x boat. Not the first time the server or client got updated and new requirements popped up that put them just out of reach for me.

First it was Java for the server, then it was iOS 7.x for the client, which I was very reluctant to update to because it's slowed my iDevices down to a crawl. Now GLIBC.

It's a bit tricky keeping up with you guys. Oh well. : )

#89 Nicoplh

Nicoplh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:19 AM

Do you have any idea about the date for the next update ?

#90 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 04:59 PM

I too am in the CentOS 6.x boat. Not the first time the server or client got updated and new requirements popped up that put them just out of reach for me.

First it was Java for the server, then it was iOS 7.x for the client, which I was very reluctant to update to because it's slowed my iDevices down to a crawl. Now GLIBC.

It's a bit tricky keeping up with you guys. Oh well. : )

Yeah, I'll try to do next build on CentOS 6.x. It should be less work than getting rid of glibc dependency completely (for now).

#91 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:00 PM

Do you have any idea about the date for the next update ?

Somewhere next week sounds reasonable (although it might be bit optimistic)

#92 chrisniva

chrisniva

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:10 PM

Hi

Works really great on Fedora 20,21 and CentOS7.
Thank you very much so far.. :)

#93 Tws

Tws

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:42 PM

I'm trying to set up the AirVideoHD on my raspberry pi. But as the raspberry pi is 32bit it obviously won't work.

Is there any chance you have any plans to make a 32bit build or should I look into using another board? Thanks!

#94 chrisniva

chrisniva

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:22 PM

I'm trying to set up the AirVideoHD on my raspberry pi. But as the raspberry pi is 32bit it obviously won't work.

Is there any chance you have any plans to make a 32bit build or should I look into using another board? Thanks!

#95 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:30 AM

It's not just 32bit. It's ARM, so it needs to be cross compiled, for different architecture. And we would have to support hardware decoders and encoders on PI first, the CPU itself is way too slow to transcode video.

#96 BE77Y

BE77Y

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:20 AM

It's not just 32bit. It's ARM, so it needs to be cross compiled, for different architecture. And we would have to support hardware decoders and encoders on PI first, the CPU itself is way too slow to transcode video.

I was going to point that out myself; there is no way that such a low-power device would be capable of transcoding video on-the-fly. 

#97 Tws

Tws

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:59 PM

Ah, ok I was wondering about that. Thank you! 

I'm guessing this board won't be fast enough either? 

http://www.minnowboa...innowboard-max/

#98 KorP

KorP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:34 PM

noticed an unpleasant moment - after a few days of work, the application consumes all available memory and does not return it. That's a total of 33 hours work, and ate for 40% of 4GB (now do not look, the server does nothing)

http://take.ms/LCbjw

#99 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:09 PM

Ah, ok I was wondering about that. Thank you! 

I'm guessing this board won't be fast enough either? 

http://www.minnowboa...innowboard-max/

Only if it has hardware encoders and decoders, which it doesn't seem to have.

#100 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:11 PM

noticed an unpleasant moment - after a few days of work, the application consumes all available memory and does not return it. That's a total of 33 hours work, and ate for 40% of 4GB (now do not look, the server does nothing)

http://take.ms/LCbjw

That looks like a memory leak, it would be helpful if you could find out which video has caused that. (i.e. when memory consumption does not get back after playback stops).

Also, why are there so many Air Video Server HD processes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users