292 replies to this topic

#281 tamorgen

tamorgen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:00 PM

Anybody else have any ideas regarding my issue with:

Unexpected exception while importing Sharing Configuration: Not found: displayNameGST_PLUGIN_SCANNER=/home/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/Downloads/AirVideoHD/Resources/bin/gst-plugin-scanner

#282 tamorgen

tamorgen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 07:24 PM

Anybody else have any ideas regarding my issue with:

Unexpected exception while importing Sharing Configuration: Not found: displayNameGST_PLUGIN_SCANNER=/home/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/Downloads/AirVideoHD/Resources/bin/gst-plugin-scanner

I'm still getting nowhere.  I've reinstalled Fedora 23, using workstation selection.  I've installed VLC and the associated codecs.  I'm still getting the above error, except the path is now /usr/local/bin/Resources/bin/gst-plugin-scanner.

[xxxxxxxxxxxxx@hda bin]$ ls -l

total 1928

-rwxrwxr-x 1 500 500 1962437 Jul 12  2016 ExternalEncoder

-rwxr-xr-x 1 500 500    7430 Jul 12  2016 gst-plugin-scanner

[xxxxxxxxxxxxx@hda bin]$ pwd

/usr/local/bin/Resources/bin

[xxxxxxxxxxxxx@hda bin]$ 

This is getting very frustrating.

#283 GregL

GregL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 06:02 PM

Any thoughts on my post from a while ago about not being able to AirPlay to an Apple TV 4 when using the Linux server on Ubuntu?  I've continued tinkering, but to no avail.  The one thing I've noticed is that if I download the video to the iPhone with AirVideo and *then* AirPlay it, it works fine.  So it just has something to do with AirPlaying it while streaming it from the server.  

#284 root

root

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:55 PM

AC3, DTS etc. codec errors after VLC 3.0 upgrade. Should I downgrade VLC to 2.0?

#285 shanther

shanther

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:44 AM

I need a startup script for this. It's kind of useless if I need to run it each time. Can someone please provide me with a way to make this start on boot on a raspberry pi running Debian please.

#286 shanther

shanther

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:34 AM

No longer need a script. Need a version that works on ARM based CPU's like the raspberry pi. I say "like" because I'm using something a lot more powerful that will be able to transcode on the fly (and already does). The Minnowboard looks good but I bought faster and ARM.

In short please provide support for ARM. If anyone has an ARM option please provide.

#287 TheFaky

TheFaky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:16 PM

Hi.

I successfully installed AirVideoHD on Arch linux system. When i run ./start, server starts and i can view movies from clients. But i am still a newbie in linux and cannot figure out how to start the AirVideoHD server at startup. I have tried with cron with no success and the samples found on page 1 are a mistery to me (cannot find folders mentioned there, so i presume scripts are not made for my system).

So can please anyone point me in the right direction?

Also which ports do i have to open on firewall (only want local playback) - so far i have opened 45633 and 5353 (and im not even sure i need this).

Thank you i advance ;)

#288 TheFaky

TheFaky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 04:20 PM

I'm still getting nowhere.  I've reinstalled Fedora 23, using workstation selection.  I've installed VLC and the associated codecs.  I'm still getting the above error, except the path is now /usr/local/bin/Resources/bin/gst-plugin-scanner.

[xxxxxxxxxxxxx@hda bin]$ ls -l
total 1928
-rwxrwxr-x 1 500 500 1962437 Jul 12  2016 ExternalEncoder
-rwxr-xr-x 1 500 500    7430 Jul 12  2016 gst-plugin-scanner
[xxxxxxxxxxxxx@hda bin]$ pwd
/usr/local/bin/Resources/bin

[xxxxxxxxxxxxx@hda bin]$ 

This is getting very frustrating.

Hey there,
i think i got the same error a couple of times. I believe the solution in my case was to uncomment these lines:

# second user account (can access selected folders, has password password)
userAccounts2.accessAllFolders = false
userAccounts2.allowedFolders1 = 1
# userAccounts2.allowedFolders2 = 2
userAccounts2.userName = test
userAccounts2.password = test

#289 drunkenrobot

drunkenrobot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:11 PM

Installed on Ubuntu 17.04 Desktop 64 bit. Works fine. 

Asrock Q1900M (forced CState Max 1 in grub and efi)

Notes:

- startup script needs to be in systemd (an example is earlier in this thread)

- The VLC Library ( vlclib ) has moved to /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/

#290 fr3shtroll

fr3shtroll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 06:59 PM

Hello,

Old to Airvideo servers on Windows and Mac, but new to Linux and the Linux based server. Couple questions...

1) The first time i attempted to install it took about 1 day or so to get it to show up and running the way i would like for it. So i just cleared out my Ubuntu Server Headless and redid everything. the problem I am having now is that the server does not auto pop up in the app as a server i have to manually configure the app to point to the server. Any advice that would help to correct this?

2) Being a Newbie to Linux i'm unsure how to make the server load at startup as the above poster mentioned the systemd i looked at the example and i can't seem to decipher how to go about getting that part up and running.

Any Help would be great!

Thanks

#291 lukemiller150

lukemiller150

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC United States

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:00 AM

Everyone who has problems with dependencies, please try to re-download the server, I've posted new build.

Hi CPU usage during transcoding is normal, when enough data gets transcoded the process is then throttled down and CPU usage lowered. We have plans for hardware accelerated transcoding through va-api though.

Yes, You are right, i will do it.

• lukemiller150 likes this

#292 evaspaceman

evaspaceman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:43 AM

is there a way to log activity to the syslog (or another log)?  I'd like to see information like logins, videos watched, conversions, videos downloaded, ... so that I can correlate usage with resource loading on a sever.

#293 aplsms

aplsms

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:36 PM

Guys, How to set and hold previously generated PIN for AirVideoHD server for linux? Every time when container restarted it generated new pin. it would be nice to hold it forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users