288 replies to this topic

#281 tamorgen

tamorgen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:00 PM

Anybody else have any ideas regarding my issue with:

Unexpected exception while importing Sharing Configuration: Not found: displayNameGST_PLUGIN_SCANNER=/home/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/Downloads/AirVideoHD/Resources/bin/gst-plugin-scanner

#282 tamorgen

tamorgen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 07:24 PM

Anybody else have any ideas regarding my issue with:

Unexpected exception while importing Sharing Configuration: Not found: displayNameGST_PLUGIN_SCANNER=/home/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/Downloads/AirVideoHD/Resources/bin/gst-plugin-scanner

I'm still getting nowhere.  I've reinstalled Fedora 23, using workstation selection.  I've installed VLC and the associated codecs.  I'm still getting the above error, except the path is now /usr/local/bin/Resources/bin/gst-plugin-scanner.

[xxxxxxxxxxxxx@hda bin]$ ls -l

total 1928

-rwxrwxr-x 1 500 500 1962437 Jul 12  2016 ExternalEncoder

-rwxr-xr-x 1 500 500    7430 Jul 12  2016 gst-plugin-scanner

[xxxxxxxxxxxxx@hda bin]$ pwd

/usr/local/bin/Resources/bin

[xxxxxxxxxxxxx@hda bin]$ 

This is getting very frustrating.

#283 GregL

GregL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 06:02 PM

Any thoughts on my post from a while ago about not being able to AirPlay to an Apple TV 4 when using the Linux server on Ubuntu?  I've continued tinkering, but to no avail.  The one thing I've noticed is that if I download the video to the iPhone with AirVideo and *then* AirPlay it, it works fine.  So it just has something to do with AirPlaying it while streaming it from the server.  

#284 root

root

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:55 PM

AC3, DTS etc. codec errors after VLC 3.0 upgrade. Should I downgrade VLC to 2.0?

#285 shanther

shanther

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:44 AM

I need a startup script for this. It's kind of useless if I need to run it each time. Can someone please provide me with a way to make this start on boot on a raspberry pi running Debian please.

#286 shanther

shanther

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:34 AM

No longer need a script. Need a version that works on ARM based CPU's like the raspberry pi. I say "like" because I'm using something a lot more powerful that will be able to transcode on the fly (and already does). The Minnowboard looks good but I bought faster and ARM.

In short please provide support for ARM. If anyone has an ARM option please provide.

#287 TheFaky

TheFaky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:16 PM

Hi.

I successfully installed AirVideoHD on Arch linux system. When i run ./start, server starts and i can view movies from clients. But i am still a newbie in linux and cannot figure out how to start the AirVideoHD server at startup. I have tried with cron with no success and the samples found on page 1 are a mistery to me (cannot find folders mentioned there, so i presume scripts are not made for my system).

So can please anyone point me in the right direction?

Also which ports do i have to open on firewall (only want local playback) - so far i have opened 45633 and 5353 (and im not even sure i need this).

Thank you i advance ;)

#288 TheFaky

TheFaky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 04:20 PM

I'm still getting nowhere.  I've reinstalled Fedora 23, using workstation selection.  I've installed VLC and the associated codecs.  I'm still getting the above error, except the path is now /usr/local/bin/Resources/bin/gst-plugin-scanner.

[xxxxxxxxxxxxx@hda bin]$ ls -l
total 1928
-rwxrwxr-x 1 500 500 1962437 Jul 12  2016 ExternalEncoder
-rwxr-xr-x 1 500 500    7430 Jul 12  2016 gst-plugin-scanner
[xxxxxxxxxxxxx@hda bin]$ pwd
/usr/local/bin/Resources/bin

[xxxxxxxxxxxxx@hda bin]$ 

This is getting very frustrating.

Hey there,
i think i got the same error a couple of times. I believe the solution in my case was to uncomment these lines:

# second user account (can access selected folders, has password password)
userAccounts2.accessAllFolders = false
userAccounts2.allowedFolders1 = 1
# userAccounts2.allowedFolders2 = 2
userAccounts2.userName = test
userAccounts2.password = test

#289 drunkenrobot

drunkenrobot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:11 PM

Installed on Ubuntu 17.04 Desktop 64 bit. Works fine. 

Asrock Q1900M (forced CState Max 1 in grub and efi)

Notes:

- startup script needs to be in systemd (an example is earlier in this thread)

- The VLC Library ( vlclib ) has moved to /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users